AT&T Pre Ordered but not charged

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bleighv, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

So I pre ordered my iPhone 4 this morning around 2 AM PST from AT&T's Premier site and got an email saying my order was received. I come online today and check my debit card and it wasn't charged. WTF? From what I've been reading, everyone's been charged already. Should I try pre ordering again? When I go to this site: https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status/ and check my order status it says that my order has been "Received" and "Processed" but still no charge on my Chase Debit. Wth is going on? Anyone else getting a bit worried?

2. double329 macrumors 6502

I think AT&T charged already. I received the email from my credit card company to confirm the activity. The mail indicated AT&T.

3. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

Maybe I should call in and see what's up then. Gahh

4. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

same here ordered mine around 4:30 est, got an order number through att but no email and they havent charged my credit card yet lol.

5. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I just called AMEX, I have two $1 temp charges. Not sure why I have two.

6. asdff macrumors member

same here. ordered through att at 1am PST, received confirmation email, etc.

CC shows no charge yet

7. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

Well at least I now I'm not alone haha. I was getting worried that I was the only one this was happening too. I'm getting ready to call a rep. but I hate talking on the phone so I'll wait for a little longer and see what happens.

8. Luckymud macrumors newbie

I have the opposite situation. I ordered through AT&T, got a receipt, my credit card was charged, but I never received an email confirmation.

Glad to see that they're being consistent about all of this.

9. asdff macrumors member

hmm, maybe i should call AMEX later and see if they have any temp charges showing on my acct...

10. shigs macrumors member

Same exact thing happened to me. I posted on another topic in here about it. I called three times to get my order confirmation number, on the second call I was told by a sales rep that you can't buy the phone from AT&T's website. They really have their stuff together this time.

11. asdff macrumors member

LOL must be a madhouse over there at the call centers... nobody knows wtf is going on

12. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I pre-ordered from AT&T around 6 a.m, my order shows processing but my account hasn't shown any charges. I called my bank and sure enough AT&T charged my card, my bank is just slow.
    :rolleyes:

13. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I pre-ordered at around noon and haven't been charged yet. I didn't even have sales tax added to my order, but the receipt stated that it will be added later.

14. double329 macrumors 6502

I made two separates pre-order for 16GB iPhone 4. One for me(upgrade from 3G) and the other for my wife. But, I only received the one email from credit card company. Not sure why I didn't get two emails?? perhaps, one is back-order??? The two orders were a minute apart.

15. shigs macrumors member

With this being their 4th iphone release I would have hoped they got better at it. In their defense though, having a traffic increase like I am sure they had today to any network/server would be hard to deal with but I still think they could do a better job.

16. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

I hope that's my situation too. I'm with Chase and they're usually pretty good about updating everything so idk though...

17. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I'm with Wachovia, and whenever I use my debit card as a credit card, it takes a day or two for it to show up in my account.

18. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

You have to call your credit card company and ask if there were any authorization requests today.

19. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out :)

20. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

i got the email as well and no charge. they prob haven't gotten around to doing it yet but with how things are playing out, you never know what happened to the order.

21. aneftp macrumors 68040

OP. Not sure about online preorders. But at AT&T Corp store the manager told everyone they would not accept debit or cash. The reason for the debit refusal is cause the hold time will be more than 3 days. AT&T/apple will need to put your card on hold more than 3 days. They might not charge it but it's ness to be held status for at least 7-9 days before they ship.

22. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

All I hope is that it went through and the iPhone will come to me eventually hahaha.

I'm gonna call AT&T/Apple/Chase in the next few hours and I'll let ya'll know what happens from there.