AT&T Pre-paid 3G iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Carlos E, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

Has anyone heard news when AT&T will have a 3G iPhone pre-paid or Go Phone plan? When the 3G iPhone came out AT&T said there was a plan in the works. Has anyone heard anything on a release date?

2. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Nothing from AT&T.

They seem to be having enough problems getting their regular customers service up and running. I think they are holding off as long as they can before adding even more customers to their very fragile network. That's just my opinion I could be wrong.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

People are still trying to get the iPhone 3G from the stores, once demand dies down, we will know one way or another, although they have posted the prices if they choose to do it.

TEG

4. Carlos E thread starter macrumors 6502

Carlos E

I called a local ATT store and though the site lists a no contract price for the phone they will not sell the phone without a contract. Why would ATT list a price if it's not available that way?

5. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

Are you referring to this web site?

If so, then it's important to note that this is just a statement that AT&T plans to offer the iPhone for sale without a contract at some as-yet undetermined point in the future. That is not the same thing as a commitment to offer the iPhone without a contract right now.

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Because they want people to know what the price will be when they finally choose to do it, as people were always asking. They are also hoping that the sticker-shock will cause more people to get the iPhone on contract.

As I said before, they haven't decided when they will do it, if they do it at all.

TEG

7. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

That is the no contract price, but I still wonder how they will ever offer the phone on a pay as you go plan.

8. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

I know here in the UK that O2 have announced that we will have the iPhone 3G on pay as you go on September 16th, however it will costs us £349.99 for the 8GB and £399.99 for the 16GB, but that does come with 12 months free unlimited internet access and wi-fi/data

So perhaps it will be coming soon, over the sea?