AT&T Premier account but preordered at the Apple store...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by h4a5r, Jun 16, 2010.

1. h4a5r macrumors member

h4a5r

I have kind of an in-depth and specific question so thanks in advance for any help you can give me...

My family is on a Premier account through my mother's home business. After many failed attempts at trying to order online (no iPhone showing up - an issue many seemed to have) and multiple calls to AT&T where I was told that the premier ordering system had failed and that I would receive a call back later in the day (yeah, right) - anyways, after all of that, I just gave in and reserved an iPhone at the Apple store.

Here's my problem, I was told by one AT&T representative that I had to go exclusively through AT&T and not Apple for my phone. I also preordered a white phone at Best Buy yesterday and their system could not access my availability information. So, my fear is that I will get to the Apple store on launch day and not be able to get my phone for $199 since I am on a Premier account and they may not be able to access my eligibility info.

I called AT&T this morning and asked a customer service rep about this and she said I would be able to successfully purchase my phone there for the same price as I would at AT&T. I'd like to believe her, but I'm skeptical.

I guess my question is... Does anyone have experience with ordering an iPhone through Apple with a Premier account? What issues can I expect to have and how could I go about possibly resolving them to ensure a smooth morning at Apple?

Again, thanks in advance for your help!

2. Defiant81 macrumors member

I'm a premier customer.. when I went on the premier website for the Iphone 4 it wasn't there. So I ordered it from the apple store for instore pickup. Just called the store and verified..Everything is good. Call your store but you should be good:D