AT&T Premier Account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blackberrypilot, Nov 29, 2010.

1. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

I just got my iPhone 4 under a discount from my employer. I pay the bill and purchased the phone, but since its linked to my business are they able to monitor my activity? I'm starting to think it may not be worth 20% off. ??

2. HPLouis macrumors regular

They can't. As long as you're the one that's liable for the account (and you are) your job can't monitor your account.

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

+1

There are two major types of FAN accounts.

1 - CRU - Corporate Responsible Unit - Business is responsible for the bill and they can access all aspects of the account.

2. - IRU - Individual Responsible Unit - You are responsible for the account and the bill. You and the company benefit from the volume of activity with the carrier. Please note there are some terms that you agree to concerning an IRU line. Just make sure you don't abuse the system.

The is also a hybrid type - Split Liablity account, not as common as the others but it does exist.

Dave

4. blackberrypilot thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. That makes me feel much better.

I signed up for Premier directly. I didn't have a personal account, then add a FAN. Therefore, I don't have online access until my "system admin" allows me too. So far, he has been unresponsive. So I have no way to accesss my account to change my plan, view minutes, etc without going through Customer Service.

Would it have been easier to sign up for a personal account, then add a FAN number.... or does it become a "Premier" account regardless? :apple:

5. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I had apersonal account before coming to work for my business. I then added the FAN number to my account to get the discount. It automatically switched me to the Premier websites for my account. I would just set up the personal account, and then apply your fan discount afterwards