iPad mini AT&T Premier Charged Two Apple Care+ on One Invoice for iPad mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shortcut3d, Dec 17, 2012.

1. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

On November 25,2012 I placed an order for an iPad mini 64GB Black WiFi + 4G and an iPad mini 64GB White WiFi + 4G with Apple Care+ for both. The iPad mini 64GB Black WiFi + 4G shipped on November 27,2012 and was received on November 28,2012. The inclosed shipping invoice had line items for the iPad mini 64GB Black WiF + 4G, Apple Care+, and another Apple Care+. The credit card was charged for $659.99 + $99.00 + $99.00 + taxes. The iPad mini 64GB White WiFi + 4G never shipped and was subsequently cancelled on December 17,2012. There is still an additional pending hold on the credit card for $814.00. The iPad mini 64GB Black WiFi + 4G is NOT registered for AppleCare+ as of December 17,2012.

Several calls have been placed to AT&T Premier which is then cold transferred to Apple Contract Management. Apple has repeatedly stated they have no record of Apple Care+ for the device serial number. Apple does not have a record of either Apple Care+ transactions. AT&T refuses to refund the extra Apple Care+ stating the refund must be processed through Apple. However, Apple has no record of Apple Care+ and hence cannot register and/or refund.

The appropriate resolution is to register the iPad mini 64GB Black WiFi + 4G for Apple Care+ and refund the extra $99.00 charged for the additional Apple Care+.

Who is responsible for issuing the refund? AT&T? Apple?
    What number or channel should I go through to get the refund?
    How can I get the iPad mini Apple Care+ registered?

2. outie2k macrumors regular

File a dispute with your credit card company.

3. shortcut3d thread starter macrumors 65816

I finally got a hold of a customer service representative the opened an escalation ticket to refund both Apple Care+. I will know in 48hrs if the refund will be processed. If that fails, I will be filing a dispute with my credit card company.