AT&T Premier/FAN issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1zach4, Oct 7, 2011.

1. 1zach4 macrumors regular

So I finally got my orders through at 5am, received confirmation emails that my orders had been processed, and then got follow up emails that my card was not accepted (not an issue with the card, it is on AT&T's end for sure)

So they tell me I have 7 days to get the order fixed and to call 1-866-499-8008 to get it straightened out

I have been on hold for an hour and a half @ this point. Would it be better for me to just continue to hold since I already have order #'s and just need to get my CC fixed with them, or should I drive to an AT&T store and get this fixed in person?

----------

or does someone have another phone # I can call to get this taken care of? I keep seeing people getting through to AT&T on the phone, but I haven't spoken to a human yet on this premier line

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

If you have 7 days then call on Monday and them square it away then. With the call volume for AT&T today you are more likely to be "accidentally" disconnected than you are to get on the horn with a rep.

3. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

If you have the time, Take a drive to the ATT store.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

If you're on Premier, I'm almost certain the people in the store will helpfully call Premier on your behalf but have no way to directly do anything themselves. Save the gasoline and stay on the phone.

5. 1zach4 thread starter macrumors regular

That's the thing...I'm not even supposed to be "premier"

I am somehow still on a FAN account even after leaving the company 2 years ago. I have called on multiple lines, each time they tell me the wait is 20min, and each time I either just sit and listen to music for an hour or get hung up on

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Heh. I can see how you might assume that your leaving the company would somehow trigger removal of the FAN discount -- but in reality you will like remain on that FAN until the end of time unless you take action to remove it.

7. IspepAloc macrumors member

IspepAloc

I had a ton of problems when the first when on sale. Around the same time as the OP, I was able to purchase the 2 phones I was upgrading without issue. I've got premier and haven't gotten any emails stating problems with my CC yet.

8. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

If you are on Premier, call 6-1-1 from your phone. Took me right to a representative at least. I didn't trust my order from the AT&T site last night, as it seemed to redirect to the regular store (not Premier) and didn't show my discount. Also, I wan't getting anything but an error when checking the order status.

He had me place a new order this morning on the actual Premier site that is now showing an order status.

9. 1zach4 thread starter macrumors regular

Someone actually answered the phone and is now re-running my credit card, but said she would call me back when it was done....so who knows if I will ever receive that call lol

10. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Think of the money youve saved having the FAN. Mines 25% off of services and 50% off equipment (except Apple).

During this time though I kinda wish I didnt get the discount. Getting iPhones is ALWAYS a struggle.

Naaa.

11. 1zach4 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I'm not complaining about the discounts lol

So she called me back, said my card was declined again, went to take another card and got disconnected...this is insane

12. 1zach4 thread starter macrumors regular