Carrier AT&T premier folks that want to cancel try this number

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Sep 12, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I FINALLY successfully cancelled my freakin order with AT&T never again will I order from these suckers. I called them about 3 different times and was on the phone nearly an hour each time.

I successfully cancelled calling this premier number, go to the "cancel service" option and just wait. I waited a half hour before being connected to a lady. Her name was Judy she understood the frustration as I was being charged $106 for taxes and couldn't cancel it myself or through anybody she sorted me out rather quick.

She cancelled but said she wasn't sure my eligibility was going to be reset immediately, well it did almost instantly as I just got done with my order through Apple. 9/19 delivery date on schedule. Phew finally.

Heres the number it's the premier line good luck.
    800-331-0500

2. theheadguy macrumors 65816

So does this mean ATT literally will not deliver by 9/19 like Apple? Their wait times of 10+ business days was/is realistic?

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I highly doubt it they're so clueless. My order said pending with no delivery other than the non reliable email on or around 9/19. Definitely not reliable at all as you see everybody is getting random estimate dates with some even falling into next month. They have great coverage but boy is there customer service freakin horrible. It was a nightmare for me.

I ordered from apple minutes ago and have already got my release day delivery confirmed for 9/19. I wouldn't wait on AT&T even if you weren't charged more for taxes like me I'd still cancel and order via apple.

4. U1cracka macrumors member

What phones did you order with apple to get 9/19 delivery.

5. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Many iPhone 6 versions are still scheduled to deliver on launch day, and some Apple stores still have pickup available.

I ordered mine through AT&T, but it's showing delivery later in the week, so I'm considering cancelling and doing an Apple in-store pickup order. Part of me feels like the delayed delivery dates are wrong though...

6. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Which phone did you order from Apple?

7. Ashtar macrumors regular

I canceled my preorder through the confirmation link AT&T premier sent me. I never received a confirmation cancellation email, so I call the premier number and entered my order number and it said that it had been cancelled.

I finally received a cancellation email a few minutes ago. Funny thing is, it said it was canceled because my line wasn't upgradable (because I ordered one through Apple and I guess it got through first, even though i ordered the AT&T one first).

8. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I've been trying all dat to call and cancel my order with no luck.

9. blazah macrumors newbie

Did the same thing. Got frustrated and called retentions. But instead of my original apple delivery of 9/19 it is now 10/1-10/6.

10. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I called 611 twice and after the 2nd try I finally got them to cancel my order.

Pro-tip: make sure they do an upgrade reversal on the line so the order will go through with Apple.

Regret ordering through AT&T so much right now. I could have had a 6+ pre-order, instead i will be camping out like a peasant.

11. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Agreed! I made the mistake with AT&T as well... Apple was getting hammered and AT&T just let my order go smoothly. Which was pretty much a deceptive tactic because the shipping times are horrendous..

12. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I called the number in the OP but the rep was getting error messages when trying to cancel it for me. She gave me a different number to order support who have apparently been able to work around the errors. I called and after a few minutes on hold an automated message saying "we're sorry but we are having technical difficulties at this time, please try again later" and i get hung up on. Next try gave the same message right away after the system looked up my order. Looks like I'll have to try again later tonight or tomorrow.

866-267-4510 is the number for those who want to try.

13. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Same.

Thing is, I know the AT&T would get less stock but i assumed that I'd get a phone because I ordered so early.... and i would have too if the credit card payment would have gone through. Turns out AT&T requires the CC to have the same name as the phone billing address while Apple can properly handle a different name.

----------

call 611

14. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I gotcha. I tried the 611.. was on hold for awhile, it finally went through. Was able to cancel the order successfully.

One question. If you had the choice of ordering through the Apple Online Reservation with shipping dates 10/1-10/7 or taking the chance through brick & mortar. Which would you choose?

15. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Well I got semi-lucky in that 2 of orders on Apples website went through so I only need 1 more launch day unit.

I'm going with brick and mortar. The good thing about Apple Stores is most are located in malls; So people can't camp for days because of security. I plan to hit up my local mall's parking lot around 10pm and hopefully security will let us stay until they allow lining up outside the store. I figure if I am top 50 or so, I should be able to snag a 6+ 16GB Space Gray AT&T (will obviously be the 6+ model with the best availability)

Last year I went to mall around 6am and their was already a 200 person line; so I couldn't get a white or gold 5s. Surprisingly enough Best Buy gets daily iPhone shipments and I was able to find one, 2 days later. FYI their online retail store stock availably is dead on accurate too. So this is my plan B.

16. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Or to avoid all this BS/grief regarding cancelling an AT&T order,on your Order Status there is a blue button beneath the line I posted below that reads "Cancel Preorder" to click to cancel . Has anyone availed themselves of this simple option? Guess not.

Expected Ship Date: 09/17/2014 To 09/18/2014
    Cancel Preorder button in blue.

17. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I've been trying to do it this way all day and when I click cancel I get a popup asking to confirm but all that happens it it loops back to the beginning when it asks for the web order id and zip code.

18. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Ouch,sorry.Hopefully if will come on line sooner than later for you.

19. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

It doesn't work.

20. neonknight macrumors newbie

Sheesh, looks like I got lucky. I tried maybe four times through ATT but never got a confirmation email, then the app started to work and snagged a 6+ 64gb and then an email pretty much saying hey, we got it, expect it on the 19th. So I was just thinking, whats going to happen, then I eventually got emails all morning from ATT saying my order was canceled so the Apple order kicked in first before ATT and THANK GOD. One of the emails said I would get the phone 21 to 28 days later. F that man.

21. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

So I ordered at midnight then hit submit via ATT and sight crashed and I was never able to get back onto ATT.

So I went to Apple App and ordered successfully. Confirmation is set via apple all is good. Everything was okay and then at 330 am ATT confirmation came thru, so I canceled and had confirmations.

As of 1130 tonight I get an email saying my order did not cancel and is in processing. I cannot cancel order.

To top it off they have my old address, which is no where to be found on my account. If I pull up my info it only shows my new address. Freaking ATT BS every year.

I hope I get this sorted in the am. Damnit

22. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

maybe with all you guys cancelling, I will get mine on launch day. :)

23. Prissy macrumors 6502

you using shared upgrade?

24. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

See the post immediately above yours.