Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
My order says the same expected delivery date for a white 64 however I remember when I ordered my 5 it quoted some far off date and then it arrived like 2 days later.

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
I never trusted ordering from ATT and I tell people days leading up to the ordering to use apple.com.. People always comment back.. oh no att works fine..

Fooled once but never again I hope..

Always order from the source!

mm1250

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I never trusted ordering from ATT and I tell people days leading up to the ordering to use apple.com.. People always comment back.. oh no att works fine..

Fooled once but never again I hope..

Always order from the source!

Unfortunately I have no choice, since I have a corp account, I can ONLY buy from ATT Premier website :mad:. It would be so much easier to buy from Apple directly.

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
Unfortunately I have no choice, since I have a corp account, I can ONLY buy from ATT Premier website :mad:. It would be so much easier to buy from Apple directly.

What's it tell you when you try to order from apple. I have a corp account and it works fine for me?

blhoward2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Does preparing to ship mean ATT has it in inventory? Mine says oct 01 to oct 10. SIM card is backordered but I don't need that.

Last year all of the phones said backordered and then when you went to 0 it meant a specific phone had been pulled from inventory for you. Shipping then happened a day or two later.

Not sure about the sim card being backordered. They probably won't ship without it.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Like others my e-mail right after the order said 7 - 10 business days. This morning I had an e-mail that showed estimated ship date of 10/21 - 10/30. Now online the estimated shipping is back to 10/1 - 10/10.

I spoke to Premier and their system shows 7 - 10 business days. So I think the orders will ship in that timeframe.

Bacco

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2011
NYC
I freaking hate AT&T. I can only buy through the crazy Premier service (They certainly don't live up to their name). Would be alot easier if I could buy through apple direct. :(

Seriously considering grabbing Tmobile instead, if I dont' see my phone by next week.

Why didn't you buy from Apple directly? I did that this AM. 1-3 days before it ships. God willing that will be the case.

terrymaz

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
SF Bay Area and Chicago Area
I had att and apple open on my Mac at 2am CST. Ordered thru both. 1-3 days expected ship time from apple and as soon as i got the email from att showing mid Oct, i cancelled that one. Worked out well for me.

ajfloridian

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
I am in AT&T premier customers through Bank of America and I have been able to order through Apple's store app on my iPhone for two years in a row now. Not sure what you're talking about...

Ordered two gold ones.. For wifey and I #. Opened at 3am eastern sharp. First one - ship in 1-3 days for Sep 30 - Oct 2 delivery ??!?! 2nd one ordered at 3:01am and showed me the same time as the first one then when I finished paying (maybe 15 seconds later), summary said it'll ship in 7 - 10 days for an October 7-11 delivery!! WTF?!?!?&$@!

I freaking hate AT&T. I can only buy through the crazy Premier service (They certainly don't live up to their name). Would be alot easier if I could buy through apple direct. :(

Seriously considering grabbing Tmobile instead, if I dont' see my phone by next week.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
I tried to order from Apple using the app and website at 12:01 and got in and got what I wanted right away. I then kept getting an error that there was a problem with your ATT account. This went on for 30 mins so I gave up and ordered from ATT website.

This am about 8 hours later I was able to order form Apple. 7-10 days. I got the early upgrade from both Apple and ATT. Not sure how this is going to work. Hopefully both orders don't get canceled. Im not sure if I should cancel one now or wait and see which one ships first. ATT says preparing for shipment and will ship between oct 1-10.

I had att and apple open on my Mac at 2am CST. Ordered thru both. 1-3 days expected ship time from apple and as soon as i got the email from att showing mid Oct, i cancelled that one. Worked out well for me.

OT2000

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
California
I am in AT&T premier customers through Bank of America and I have been able to order through Apple's store app on my iPhone for two years in a row now. Not sure what you're talking about...

Ordered two gold ones.. For wifey and I ��. Opened at 3am eastern sharp. First one - ship in 1-3 days for Sep 30 - Oct 2 delivery ??!?! 2nd one ordered at 3:01am and showed me the same time as the first one then when I finished paying (maybe 15 seconds later), summary said it'll ship in 7 - 10 days for an October 7-11 delivery!! WTF?!?!?&$@!

Must be different.

If I try to order through Apple's app it asks me for the last 4 of my SSN. Since our business account uses a business ID#, there is no way around it.

Apple confirmed for me. If I were to go into the Apple Store, they would need to take me to a separate computer to register.

You're probably on your own plan, but receiving corp benefits.

blhoward2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
I tried to order from Apple using the app and website at 12:01 and got in and got what I wanted right away. I then kept getting an error that there was a problem with your ATT account. This went on for 30 mins so I gave up and ordered from ATT website.

This am about 8 hours later I was able to order form Apple. 7-10 days. I got the early upgrade from both Apple and ATT. Not sure how this is going to work. Hopefully both orders don't get canceled. Im not sure if I should cancel one now or wait and see which one ships first. ATT says preparing for shipment and will ship between oct 1-10.

I think this is an option on your Premier account that they can change...but you probably have to do it pre-launch.

ChrisJSNh

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
I am in the premier corp fan thing, and i used to have to go through at&t back when they also discounted hardware. But The last 2 iphones i got went through at&t and they told me there is no discount on any apple hardware.

And when i went to the premier site this morning and got all the way to the checkout, it said ships in 7 to 10 days.

So i then went to apple selected the phone and hit the check for upgrade eligibility, i put my info in and i sailed right though, it even still shows my unlimited data on the apple check order link.

I talked to a few people at work and they said they always upgraded through apple directly. And still get the premier discount on their monthly bills

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
I ordered at 10:30 through the premier site for new service, tried verizon out for a couple years and hate them.

So i put my order in and i get an email about 3 minutes later saying you must call us because we need additional information to process your order. If you do not call us within 7 days the order will be canceled.

So i call, sit on hold for 35 minutes...I give the girl my info, she puts me on hold then it disconnects about 30 seconds later...

I call again...wait 45 minutes! Finally some moron lady answers and continously ask me for my AT&T for number, i told her i don't have one. Its new service you twit. Finally after about another 15 minutes she finds my order with the order number i gave her 20 minutes prior to that...

There was no issues with my order, she said everything is fine...WTF IS THAT ****.

If you guys are getting ship dates that far out, i may just cancel and go to the AT&T store. Is that processing site that we all used to look at for AT&T orders still around?

TheGritmaster

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Sooooo here is my ****** AT&T story.

My billing address is really long (double name for the street, plus a unit number). On my AT&T account I have the whole address on one address line. I try to order through the Apple Store app at 2 ct this morning and get all the way to the purchase page (while having 1-3 business days to ship). I hit buy and get an error saying they can't ship to this address because it doesn't match my billing address. Well Apple's address line 1 is TOO SHORT for my address, so it wouldn't accept it!!!! I was so angry. I had no other choice but to go to AT&T and order through them. Now I have an estimated shipping date of 10/1 - 10/30. I chatted with a rep today and they said I could cancel my order at an AT&T store before it ships, if I find a store that has some phones in stock (space gray 16GB). I've called every AT&T store within 30 miles and no one has a phone today. I'm going to keep trying everyday until I find one, hopefully before my other order ships. :(

syntax

Suspended
May 8, 2002
My two cents

AT&T's shipping estimates tend to be overly conservative in my experience. I ordered some wireless equipment for another line a few weeks ago. I was given a shipping estimate of about two weeks. The equipment arrived via FedEx the next day.

I ordered the 64 GB space gray iPhone 5s about six or seven minutes after midnight via the AT&T web site. At the time I was given a shipping estimate of seven to ten days. When I received the confirmation email, that estimate slipped to "10/21/2013 to 10/30/2013" (grumble, grumble).

When I logged into the order status page, that estimate had been updated to "10/01/2013 to 10/10/2013." At various times the order status has been "preparing to ship" or "processing" with no apparent underlying logic.

Imagine my pleasant surprise when I checked my status again just now to be greeted with a FedEx tracking number indicating the phone is already in transit and will arrive on Monday, even though the order is still "processing" and "in progress." (Interestingly, the desktop web interface just identifies the carrier and lists the tracking number as "pending." The mobile web interface provides the number itself.)

My point is: You may receive your new iPhone much sooner than you've been led to believe by AT&T's automated inventory estimates. :)

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Imagine my pleasant surprise when I checked my status again just now to be greeted with a FedEx tracking number indicating the phone is already in transit and will arrive on Monday

Congrats! You're smarter than me. :) I ordered a few minutes after midnight and when I got the 8 AM e-mail that said it wouldn't ship until late October I cancelled my order knowing before that time I could just walk into a store and pick one up. I'm not in a hurry but a month is ridiculous.

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
ok, I cancelled mine, and an ATT corp store was able to work my account. I got a 5S 64gb gray (as an upgrade) they had in stock that day. I ordered a 5c upgrade for my son and it already shipped.

So it looks like they can now access premier accounts at stores, pretty cool.

dboy0308

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
AT&T's shipping estimates tend to be overly conservative in my experience. I ordered some wireless equipment for another line a few weeks ago. I was given a shipping estimate of about two weeks. The equipment arrived via FedEx the next day.

I ordered the 64 GB space gray iPhone 5s about six or seven minutes after midnight via the AT&T web site. At the time I was given a shipping estimate of seven to ten days. When I received the confirmation email, that estimate slipped to "10/21/2013 to 10/30/2013" (grumble, grumble).

When I logged into the order status page, that estimate had been updated to "10/01/2013 to 10/10/2013." At various times the order status has been "preparing to ship" or "processing" with no apparent underlying logic.

Imagine my pleasant surprise when I checked my status again just now to be greeted with a FedEx tracking number indicating the phone is already in transit and will arrive on Monday, even though the order is still "processing" and "in progress." (Interestingly, the desktop web interface just identifies the carrier and lists the tracking number as "pending." The mobile web interface provides the number itself.)

My point is: You may receive your new iPhone much sooner than you've been led to believe by AT&T's automated inventory estimates. :)

Me too!!!

mush10

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
The people having problems with ordering from Apple, i have a question. Are you on a business account or do you just receive the discount? For example, my wife works for a large IT organization and her phone is direct billed. She is not able to order on Apple.com. I just have a premier discount and do not have trouble ordering from Apple. Two years or so ago I did, but have not recently. The sad part is that it looks like AT&T may be getting their orders quicker. My Apple order went through at 3:04 AM est and it looks like I will be waiting past Monday.

jmann

macrumors 604
The people having problems with ordering from Apple, i have a question. Are you on a business account or do you just receive the discount? For example, my wife works for a large IT organization and her phone is direct billed. She is not able to order on Apple.com. I just have a premier discount and do not have trouble ordering from Apple. Two years or so ago I did, but have not recently. The sad part is that it looks like AT&T may be getting their orders quicker. My Apple order went through at 3:04 AM est and it looks like I will be waiting past Monday.

I think if you have a FAN discount you can't order on Apple.com

Also, my sim card changed from "backordered" to "processing." YAY!

trek360

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
Pleasantly surprised my phone has been shipped and should arrive Monday. Never expected that especially after my 4s experience with AT&T.

64gb space gray 5s. 1252am

I have a corporate fan discount and haven't been able to order from apple. Same experience as many have written. I actually wasted about 45 minutes trying before just going to AT&T on line. Although at this point it turned out to my benefit.

Does anyone have a more definitive answer as to why some premier accounts can order thru apple and not others?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.