AT&T Premier Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattMJB0188, Oct 8, 2011.

1. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I qualify for an educational discount but I pre-ordered the 4S Friday morning on AT&T's site since the Premier wasn't accepting pre-orders yet. I just wanted to do anything to get my order in. Does anyone know if you can add the discount later by perhaps visiting a Corporate store or calling? Thanks

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Don't know currently, but with iphone 4, I was able to add my university after purchase and was able to do the entire thing online without speaking with anyone.

3. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Don't remember how you went about this? Thanks

4. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

5. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

New

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

If your group is listed by email domain you can go to this link and follow the steps and you can complete the addition of the discount to your account.

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/

If this is a new AT&T account, you will have to wait until the account setup is complete to finish the confirmation steps.

Dave

7. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Thanks, my email does qualify. Thanks!!!!!

8. sevimli macrumors 6502a

I am also a new premier member.

I did confirm my email, and then was able to order 2 4S as a family plan at around 3am CST. But cannot check the status under premier webpage, it says "under maintenance" forever?

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You guys are lucky. I can't order a 4S off the Premier site because it won't let me add a data plan...

10. rkahl macrumors 65816

Pretty sure discounts don't apply to Apple products. Sorry

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No, but they do to AT&T service plans...

12. Captain America macrumors 6502

So I ordered mine somewhere in the vicinity of 2PM on the 8th through premier. It says it's still processing and the initial e-mail i received said 14-21 days. Does that mean I won't be getting it on Friday?

13. dave006 macrumors 68020

Partial correct answer. There is no discount on Apple device purchases but your other discounts will apply. For example: your FAN may include free activation or free upgrade fee being waved. Also service discounts apply to all Apple iPhones with the exception of the original iPhone due to the special discounted iPhone Data plan it uses.

Only caution with FAN discount and Premier is that when new devices are announced, you might not see them in your customized Premier Online Store right away. Any device addtion has to be approved your group's IT contact.

Dave

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Dunno. But it still amazes me you guys can put an order in through Premier, and I still can't add a data plan when I try. AT&T must not like me...

15. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I have an AT&T premier account and it would not let me add a data plan when I tried to add a line no matter how many times I tried. I then went to apples website and added a line through them and it worked perfectly and let me add a data plan. Go through apples website and it should work.

16. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I tried Apple and it won't let me order. After adding the phone to the cart it just tells me to go to an Apple store. I ordered through the AT&T consumer site. I got my confirmation email and am good to go. I can register my lines for my discount after I get the phones.

17. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Ok I see. I'm glad you were able to order them. It shouldn't be a problem getting the discount once you get them.

18. rsvrfactory macrumors member

I just ordered from the ATT site, not the Premier site. It went smoothly and I received a Premier email saying my order is confirmed....

So I don't think you need to order from the Premier site, they know if you're a Premier member. Also, during the order process it did ask me if I wanted to keep my current unlimited data plan.