AT&T Premier question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blerns3, Sep 9, 2015.

1. blerns3 macrumors 6502

Since us Premier users are yet again forced to order through that sad excuse for a website, I have a question for everyone.

On my account, I don't always have the "Premier Store" tab. It seems I have it when I initially log in for the first time, but once I have navigated it a bit and go back to my manage page, it disappears and the only top left tabs I have are manage, billing, and support. The only way to get it back, it seems, is to log out and stay logged out for a few hours at least, or log in for the first time in a while on a different browser. The issue is consistent across Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

My account permissions are set so shopping in the Premier store is on "always allow" so I shouldn't have an issue. Anyone else ever encounter this/know how to fix it?

Thanks!

2. blerns3 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. mb2008 macrumors regular

Are you sure you can't order through Apple? I'm Premier and always order through Apple, even with Next.

4. blerns3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Really? When I put my account information into apple's site it always tells me it can't be done because I'm on a business account...

5. mb2008 macrumors regular

There are different Premier accounts. Some can order through Apple, some only through the ATT website or store, some can only order through their assigned Premier rep. Just wanted to make sure you checked, because years ago it switched for me.

6. blerns3 thread starter macrumors 6502

7. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I am on premier and AT&T said I can buy Apples installment plan and still keep my premier discount for the NEXT data plan, I am currently on a two year contract due to end in a week. I checked my account on Apple's website and all is good, it says I am eligible.

8. blerns3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I could do the installment plan from Apple because I'm not tied to a contract at the moment (bought out my phone on NEXT), but I definitely am unable to order a new phone on NEXT from Apple.

9. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

[Cross posted in another thread]

I have an AT&T Premier account. I was thinking of doing the Apple Upgrade program for the unlocked aspect alone, even though AT&T Next seems to be the better value for me personally -- however, I've never (!!) been able to order my phones through Apple, either in store or online, due to having an AT&T Premier account. It's incredibly annoying.

If I didn't have to input my carrier credentials, it wouldn't be a problem, but it looks like in order to sign up for the upgrade program, it pings the carrier, which then returns (for me) a message that says I can't 'upgrade' through Apple using my plan.

Anyone else have thoughts on this issue? What are you going to do?

10. Rob198612 macrumors 6502

i have a premier account and every year i have gotten my phone through apple either in the store or apple.com i hate buying iPhones in at&t stores or their website!

11. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

My Premier account is through my college alumni account. I can order on Apple's website no problem.