AT&T Premier Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fr0, Jun 11, 2009.

1. fr0 macrumors member

This is a question for the AT&T employees amongst us. Actually, its 2 questions. Bear with me.

I am currently on Verizon. I would like to join my brother's plan in order to get a new 3GS. I qualify for a 15% service reduction through my university's premier account. I would be the 3rd iPhone on the account.

I went through the premier portal and built the equivalent to see how much it would cost, and it is ~200/month for 2100 minutes with 3 iPhone plans. However, it was not clear to me if I needed 3 unlimited text messaging plans. It was offered to me as feature after I added each line to the cart. My rate calculation is based on 1 instance of that plan.

The unlimited messaging plan is still $20/month through my premier account, but is that required for each line of service or does one plan cover the entire group?

My savings will be $30/month on the premier plan, but if I can't share the unlimited texting plan then I stand to lose money with premier discount. Am I correct to assume that with the family plan you only need one unlimited plan for the whole family?

Lastly, does the account have to be in my name to get the premier discount, or does my presence on the account suffice? If the account needs to be in my name, I assume we would have to go through a transfer process. If I want to get a 3GS next weekend, does it make sense to do the transfer this week and get on the premier plan, or can I do it all in one day with no hassle?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    fr0

2. fr0 thread starter macrumors member

bump. amazing how fast these threads move down the list

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

It is $30 per month for unlimited text on a family plan for all members (total).

Not sure if your name has to be the primary account or just one to get the 15%.