AT&T Premier Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimi5A1, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Jimi5A1 macrumors newbie

My Sprint contract has finally expired and I plan to purchase an iP4 asap. I went online to the AT&T Premier website and I qualify for a Premier account through my university. However, based on the responses I have been reading online, it is taking people roughly two weeks to recieve their phones. I will be leaving for vacation on Thursday, August 19th and be gone until Monday, August 23rd. Instead of purchasing online and potentially not being home for the delivery date can I go into either an Apple or AT&T store and purchase an iP4 using the Premier discount?

2. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

Yes. I am in the EXACT same boat (minus the vacation part) and my local AT&T store said as I can sign up for Premier as long as I have the FAN code of my wife's employer. [​IMG]

3. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

Jimi I am a university student as well with a new FAN account. I went to AT&T to use my discount but they told me to go ahead and buy the phone with a regular account now because if they activate my FAN discount themselves it only sets it at 10%. Mine was supposed to be 20% so he told me to go home afterwards and just add my account to the premeier program..... I did it and no problems for me!

4. Jimi5A1 thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I get the FAN (what does this stand for?) code for my University? Do I just provide them my confirmation email I received from AT&T after I submitted my email address?:confused:

5. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

6. Jimi5A1 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

8. el3ctone macrumors member

If i got the iphone through Apple.com, do you think ATT will credit the 36/line activation fee that I would've gotten if i went through ATT Premier website?