AT&T premier screwed up..what should i do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tizzl10, Nov 17, 2010.

1. tizzl10 macrumors regular

tizzl10

ok so here's the deal. About a month ago I ordered a refurb iphone 4 for my wife. att was out of stock on the refurbs and i thought the order was cancelled. about a week ago, i ordered a brand new iphone 4 and was charged the discounted upgrade price. i looked at my credit card bill and notice that i was charged for both the new iphone 4 and the refurb. I called att and sure enough, they have shipped the refurb as well...so basically i have 1 new and 1 refurb both at discounted prices. my question is what do i do with the refurb? can i get another sim card from the att store and have it programmed with another number on my account? or should i just send the refurb back? :confused:

2. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Send the refurbished one back if you don't want it.

3. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

If somebody else on your family plans would like an iPhone 4 then you can get a microsim for them and have AT&T put the extra iphone on their number.

I somehow got an "extra" upgrade and was able to get 2 new iPhone 4's and gave one to my wife. When it arrived all it took was an easy phone call to AT&T and they took care of it.

4. tizzl10 thread starter macrumors regular

tizzl10

no, i would like to keep it but the sim that is with the refurb is programmed to an already existing new iphone. my question is can i obtain a new sim card with a different number that's already on my account?

5. Stein357 macrumors 6502

In that case, when you plug it into iTunes to activate it, it should change whatever person's account over to that SIM card.

6. tizzl10 thread starter macrumors regular

tizzl10

ok thanks.. so att can reprogram the microsim over the phone?

7. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I would sell it, you should be able to pay for it and the other phone = free phone

8. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

YES.....If the phone came with a pre-installed SIM then you don't need to get a new one. Have the phone and box and all packaging with you and call AT&T. Tell them you just got an iPhone 4 with YOUR upgrade and want to put it on someone else's phone number. They will need the SIM/ICCID and the phone's IMEI numbers. They are both on the sticker on the iPhone box.

They should have no problem doing this as people do it all the time. And be sure to do it BEFORE you plug the phone in and activate it.

9. tizzl10 thread starter macrumors regular

tizzl10

thank you, sir.a thank you all..looks like my kid just got an iphone 4 upgrade.