AT&T premiere upgrade fee

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dawgz, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Dawgz macrumors newbie

Ordered through premiere and was charged the upgrade fee when I wasn't supposed to. Anyone else have this happen to them? The subtotal without tax of the phone came out to $217. Did anyone get the upgrade fee removed from their order?

2. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

I noticed that too. My card should show only 9659 remaining but shows 9676 remaining credit. I guess they felt bad for those that couldn't immediately order, know we won't get it on time and throwing us a bone, or could be part of our discount.

3. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Except the upgrade fee is just added to your bill...not on this charge

4. iphoneg33k macrumors member

So your telling me if you were eligible you shouldn't of got charge for it? If that's the case I'm should call for ATT and get that fix. I know my 2 was over not like other people that still need time for there contract to finish.

5. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Fine words from a mortal muahahahahabbqsauce :confused:

6. Dawgz thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I thought would happen, but it actually showed up when I was ordering the phone.

7. ducktales macrumors regular

cool story bro, except the $217 is the price of the iPhone + tax.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I'm non-premiere and my fee was automatically waved.

9. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

They did that to me too when I preordered but when the pending charge came in my account, the amount is totally different and the $18 upgrade fee is gone but then, it's still pending charge so we don't know and it might change:confused:

10. hypoh macrumors member

hypoh

because the tax in every state is ~9% right...

11. ducktales macrumors regular

because u know what state he's from right....

12. hypoh macrumors member

hypoh

because I was charged $217 as well and my state sales tax is not even close to ~9%, and if you search you will see that other people were charged the same as well....

13. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Your voice plan with text and data show up as well, but you are not charged for them. Just because it shows up does not mean that you are being charged for it. It is just a part that goes on the receipt because the phone needs to go along with a plan, which is on the receipt as well.

14. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

No. Some people were waived. If you were waived, it would have said that when you dialed *639# from your phone. Mine was waived, but my husband's was not and our contract ends this month (so we have been eligible to upgrade for a long time).

15. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I'd love to pay an activation fee. Any new theories on when Premier will accept orders again? I get we need to wait for some date later than the 24th of June but why can't we at least get our orders in.

I'm so pissed I wasted two days trying to log in to the site. I should have just reserved at Apple and sorted out the damage later. Oh well, I got one that way, the other two will just have to wait.

16. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

The activation fee being waived depends on your agreement with AT&T and your company. Some is waived for premier and some is not. Mine was not due to my companies agreement. Sometimes, the personal fee is waived, but i don't know why.

17. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

When I checked my upgrade status via the *639# method, the text reply I got said it would be waived. I got my "CSS letter" and it shows the fee being assessed. WTF?