AT&T Preorder - Did confermation emails come later in the day last time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drober30, Sep 12, 2014.

1. drober30 macrumors 6502a

The last time there was a preorder, I woke up early and ordered through Apple.com with no issues. Then I came to the boards and saw allot of people saying they could not get through. This time that it was my turn. Could not get Apple.com/store to load.

I ordered through AT&T and received a confirmation code but no follow up email. Even worse, my credit union does not have realtime listings of pending charges, my balance will go down but they do not show the individual merchants until it posts.

Anyways, I thought I remember people not getting AT&T confermation email last time, then threads started popping up later in the day reading "just received my confirmation email"

Is there anybody out there this has happened to last time there was a preorder?

2. nopassn macrumors regular

Last time (iPhone 5) it was the middle of the day before I finally got my email confirmation... This time I got it in less than an hour... Says it won't ship for 14-21 days, despite the fact that I ordered at 12:01... :-/

3. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ouch! Not good!

Although standing in line is not awful and can be exciting, I worry about the 6+ availability and it requires me to take a day off work.

4. BSoares macrumors regular

I placed 2 orders with AT&T this morning. One email came right away, the other still hasn't come. My credit card shows 4 $1 authorization attempts from AT&T.

5. bova80 macrumors 6502a

i got confirmation of my order instantly and then another status update 20min later. order time was 2:48am EST and got an email then and then at 3:09am. I got 6+ 64gb space gray and unfortunately I didn't see when I ordered it won't ship for 14-21 days.

6. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

I ordered from AT&T Premier about 11:55 PST, and haven't gotten an email yet. I literally couldn't have ordered earlier.

Looking up my order on the AT&T site shows no record of the order, yet my card was charged the 1 dollar fee when the order was placed. This is for the 6 plus 128 gold.

Also, 12 PST is 3 am here in Maryland. Gonna be a loooong day at work...if I get an email with a delivery date in Mid October, I'm gonna wish I'd just went to bed like a normal person :). First world problems, I guess.

7. Dreday24 macrumors regular

i just got an email from att premier saying it will delivered around or on the 9/19

i got a 64gb 6

8. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I ordered via premiere at around 3:30 and just got my email a few minutes ago.

9. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Looks like the iPhone 6+ will be late. I ordered at 7AM EST, which is 4AM PST and haven't received an email confirmation yet. I got the vague "please allow up to 7-10 business days after that for delivery" page. When I get the email I'll let you know.

I mean it's whatever, I'll wait the 14 days if I have to.

10. DynaFXD, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Ditto here. Got my order in about 4 am (soonest ANY site would let me in). No email confirmation as of yet (almost 4 hrs later). The last time I went through ATT (iP4) I recall similar flakey updates and everything turned out fine. I have the web order confirmation number that came up after the sale. Not that it would do any good if everything was going to a bit bucket.

Edit: Conf email showed up almost exactly 4 hours after the sale.
    Edit edit: 21 - 28 days shipping time

11. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

when you say 330AM you mean EST? or PST?

12. mr1581 macrumors 6502

all good here finally......just got second confirm email... 2 hours after i got the first one and 4 and 1/2 hours after placing order

13. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

est

14. WRXHatch macrumors newbie

I was able to preorder a 6 (64gb) from AT&T at about 3:10AM and then I went ahead and preordered from Apple at 3:50AM when it finally decided to work. It's for the same line and I received confirmation emails for both of them.

So AT&T will automatically cancel my order from them? Is it possible to get two iPhones for the same line?

Also, I got a 64GB space gray and 9/19 delivery estimates from both sites with my ATT confirmation coming in a bit later.

15. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Well I just got my confirmation email at 7:30am from AT&T for the iPhone 6 + I ordered at 3:25am est.

Confirmation reads, "your order has been received and your item will ship in 21-28 days."

I'll pass and take my chances elsewhere.

16. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

People are saying you cant cancel the AT&T order.. If yours is 21-28 days, I'm really screwed haha

17. appl3kill macrumors member

That really sucks for some of you who ordered early I wasn't too eager this time. I waited till the website clear up and then ordered which was about 1:40am PDT. I just got my confirmation email 4 minutes ago.

Dear,

Great news! We have your iPhone order and it is expected to be delivered on 9/19/2014.*

Your order number:

Wireless Number
    Item Name
    Item #
    Quantity

Unit Price

Total Price

Amount Financed

Expected Shipment Dates for devices only*

Apple 64 GB PHONE

$749.99
    09/17/2014 to 09/18/2014

VAR INTANG1
    $0
    $0

Checking your order status
    You can check your order status online 24 hours from now using the order number listed above, or the number for this phone and zip code at att.com/wirelessorderstatus. Or you can call 877.782.8870 anytime and enter 714678942 or the number for this phone and zip code.

Shipping information

• All accessories are expected to ship with your new phone(s). If any of your accessories
    are on backorder at time your phone ships, we'll notify you by email and ship them ASAP.
    • You will receive an e-mail notifying you of your tracking information and when your
    order has shipped.

We appreciate and value your business.

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

18. nopassn macrumors regular

Curiously... almost 5 hours later... they just charged my CC for the full purchase price ($549.36 - 6+ 128)

19. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Why can't you cancel AT&T's order? I may have to cancel mine as well.

20. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I'm not sure but in this other thread the guy says you cant. I'll call and find out today. If anything just transfer all your money out of the account you used LOL I think I will cancel if I can camp out and get it.

Thread below - Pooleman said it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1776459&page=7

21. Ashtar macrumors regular

You can cancel. I did it. Go to the order status page in your conformation email. once there, enter in your order # and the other info it asks for, then when that page loads, about mid way down, you will see a Cancel preorder button.

Someone posted a screenshot of it in another thread a few minutes ago. It was very painless.

22. Ryanhdd macrumors regular

Sucks. Woke up at 2:55am tried for an hour to order 6plus 128g space grey. Could not get page to load AT&T and Apple and apps
    Store app. Finally after an hour I got AT&T to order. But have to settle for 3to 4 week delivery. Seems apple did not expect such a race for the larger screen. I can still order 6 with delivery on the 19th. Stupid apple. Pffffft

Got the confirmation email almost instantly

23. StoutFiles macrumors member

You ordered a 6, not a 6+. The 6+ is the one with the huge backlog. I could probably order a 6 right now and get it on 9/17.

24. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Great, sounds easy enough. I will do it if I ever get my email. My order won't show up anywhere on their site either but they did place a $1 hold on my cc.

25. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Ordered at 2:15 CT, finally got my confirmation around 6:30 CT.

Space grey, 6 Plus, 128 GB - 21 to 28 business days. I fully expect it to be sent much sooner.