AT&T Preorder - Did confermation emails come later in the day last time?

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
The last time there was a preorder, I woke up early and ordered through Apple.com with no issues. Then I came to the boards and saw allot of people saying they could not get through. This time that it was my turn. Could not get Apple.com/store to load.

I ordered through AT&T and received a confirmation code but no follow up email. Even worse, my credit union does not have realtime listings of pending charges, my balance will go down but they do not show the individual merchants until it posts.

Anyways, I thought I remember people not getting AT&T confermation email last time, then threads started popping up later in the day reading "just received my confirmation email"

Is there anybody out there this has happened to last time there was a preorder?

nopassn

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2009
Kansas City
Last time (iPhone 5) it was the middle of the day before I finally got my email confirmation... This time I got it in less than an hour... Says it won't ship for 14-21 days, despite the fact that I ordered at 12:01... :-/

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Last time (iPhone 5) it was the middle of the day before I finally got my email confirmation... This time I got it in less than an hour... Says it won't ship for 14-21 days, despite the fact that I ordered at 12:01... :-/
Ouch! Not good!

Although standing in line is not awful and can be exciting, I worry about the 6+ availability and it requires me to take a day off work.

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
I placed 2 orders with AT&T this morning. One email came right away, the other still hasn't come. My credit card shows 4 $1 authorization attempts from AT&T.

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
i got confirmation of my order instantly and then another status update 20min later. order time was 2:48am EST and got an email then and then at 3:09am. I got 6+ 64gb space gray and unfortunately I didn't see when I ordered it won't ship for 14-21 days.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I ordered from AT&T Premier about 11:55 PST, and haven't gotten an email yet. I literally couldn't have ordered earlier.

Looking up my order on the AT&T site shows no record of the order, yet my card was charged the 1 dollar fee when the order was placed. This is for the 6 plus 128 gold.

Also, 12 PST is 3 am here in Maryland. Gonna be a loooong day at work...if I get an email with a delivery date in Mid October, I'm gonna wish I'd just went to bed like a normal person :). First world problems, I guess.

Dreday24

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2012
i just got an email from att premier saying it will delivered around or on the 9/19

i got a 64gb 6

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Looks like the iPhone 6+ will be late. I ordered at 7AM EST, which is 4AM PST and haven't received an email confirmation yet. I got the vague "please allow up to 7-10 business days after that for delivery" page. When I get the email I'll let you know.

I mean it's whatever, I'll wait the 14 days if I have to.

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
I ordered from AT&T Premier about 11:55 PST, and haven't gotten an email yet. I literally couldn't have ordered earlier.
Ditto here. Got my order in about 4 am (soonest ANY site would let me in). No email confirmation as of yet (almost 4 hrs later). The last time I went through ATT (iP4) I recall similar flakey updates and everything turned out fine. I have the web order confirmation number that came up after the sale. Not that it would do any good if everything was going to a bit bucket.

Edit: Conf email showed up almost exactly 4 hours after the sale.
Edit edit: 21 - 28 days shipping time

Last edited:

mr1581

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
all good here finally......just got second confirm email... 2 hours after i got the first one and 4 and 1/2 hours after placing order

WRXHatch

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I was able to preorder a 6 (64gb) from AT&T at about 3:10AM and then I went ahead and preordered from Apple at 3:50AM when it finally decided to work. It's for the same line and I received confirmation emails for both of them.

So AT&T will automatically cancel my order from them? Is it possible to get two iPhones for the same line?

Also, I got a 64GB space gray and 9/19 delivery estimates from both sites with my ATT confirmation coming in a bit later.

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well I just got my confirmation email at 7:30am from AT&T for the iPhone 6 + I ordered at 3:25am est.

Confirmation reads, "your order has been received and your item will ship in 21-28 days."

I'll pass and take my chances elsewhere.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Well I just got my confirmation email at 7:30am from AT&T for the iPhone 6 + I ordered at 3:25am est.

Confirmation reads, "your order has been received and your item will ship in 21-28 days."

I'll pass and take my chances elsewhere.
People are saying you cant cancel the AT&T order.. If yours is 21-28 days, I'm really screwed haha

appl3kill

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles
That really sucks for some of you who ordered early I wasn't too eager this time. I waited till the website clear up and then ordered which was about 1:40am PDT. I just got my confirmation email 4 minutes ago.

Dear,

Great news! We have your iPhone order and it is expected to be delivered on 9/19/2014.*

Your order number:

Wireless Number
Item Name
Item #
Quantity

Unit Price

Total Price

Amount Financed

Expected Shipment Dates for devices only*

Apple 64 GB PHONE

$749.99
09/17/2014 to 09/18/2014

VAR INTANG1
$0
$0

Checking your order status
You can check your order status online 24 hours from now using the order number listed above, or the number for this phone and zip code at att.com/wirelessorderstatus. Or you can call 877.782.8870 anytime and enter 714678942 or the number for this phone and zip code.

Shipping information

• All accessories are expected to ship with your new phone(s). If any of your accessories
are on backorder at time your phone ships, we'll notify you by email and ship them ASAP.
• You will receive an e-mail notifying you of your tracking information and when your
order has shipped.

We appreciate and value your business.

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

nopassn

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2009
Kansas City
Ouch! Not good!

Although standing in line is not awful and can be exciting, I worry about the 6+ availability and it requires me to take a day off work.
Curiously... almost 5 hours later... they just charged my CC for the full purchase price ($549.36 - 6+ 128)

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania

Ashtar

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
Why can't you cancel AT&T's order? I may have to cancel mine as well.
You can cancel. I did it. Go to the order status page in your conformation email. once there, enter in your order # and the other info it asks for, then when that page loads, about mid way down, you will see a Cancel preorder button.

Someone posted a screenshot of it in another thread a few minutes ago. It was very painless.

Ryanhdd

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Sucks. Woke up at 2:55am tried for an hour to order 6plus 128g space grey. Could not get page to load AT&T and Apple and apps
Store app. Finally after an hour I got AT&T to order. But have to settle for 3to 4 week delivery. Seems apple did not expect such a race for the larger screen. I can still order 6 with delivery on the 19th. Stupid apple. Pffffft

Got the confirmation email almost instantly

StoutFiles

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
That really sucks for some of you who ordered early I wasn't too eager this time. I waited till the website clear up and then ordered which was about 1:40am PDT.
You ordered a 6, not a 6+. The 6+ is the one with the huge backlog. I could probably order a 6 right now and get it on 9/17.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
You can cancel. I did it. Go to the order status page in your conformation email. once there, enter in your order # and the other info it asks for, then when that page loads, about mid way down, you will see a Cancel preorder button.

Someone posted a screenshot of it in another thread a few minutes ago. It was very painless.
Great, sounds easy enough. I will do it if I ever get my email. My order won't show up anywhere on their site either but they did place a $1 hold on my cc.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Ordered at 2:15 CT, finally got my confirmation around 6:30 CT.

Space grey, 6 Plus, 128 GB - 21 to 28 business days. I fully expect it to be sent much sooner.