at&t preorder for in-store pickup confusion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by genks, Jun 14, 2010.

1. genks macrumors newbie

Ok so im sure everyone has seen the press info from at&t saying that if you preorder for in-store pickup you cant get it untill the 25th. So my question is why is at&t opening up at 7 a.m on the 24th? when i called my local at&t store they said they are opening up at 7 and when i mentioned the press info about the 25th BS hes said oh well idk maybe we wont get it till the 25th. I have honestly never been so confused so apprently at&t is just deciding to open up early for nothing lol. I really dont want to have one sent to my house cause ups doesent come till like 7 p.m and i actully enjoy waiting in early morning lines its a fun time but will i regret having one sent to at&t?

2. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Just wait until tomorrow to find out all the details. No one on here knows.

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Why open 7am on the 24th?

Because some people will wait in line without preordering and go in to buy one.

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I am not ordering from AT&T. I don't blame their employees, either. It's their management. They are leaving their employees in the dark all the times. Employees learn news from customers or websites like this. With that being said, AT&T is opening early because they will have iphone 4 in stock to sell on first come basis. The problem is with pre-order. If this 25th date is true, then AT&T is really shooting themselves on foot.
    Since I want to get white models, I will not be ordering from AT&T.

5. genks thread starter macrumors newbie

does anyone know if at&t will put a hold on your CC if you preorder for in store pick up? I might just do the pre-order and show up when they open and if they don't have the pre-orders i could just snag a walk in model. Which does not make sense either why would at&t punish the pre-order people by making them wait another day and allow the unprepared people who did not preorder just get one on the 24th

6. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Honestly, no one knows anything. People who work for the companies do not even know, so how would we? :confused:

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Walk-ins

FYI - there's a thread on this already