At&t preorder questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Sep 9, 2015.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

do at&t preorder go up at same time as Apple?

Can I upgrade my moms phone to a 6s plus and then when I get it in the mail can I activate it under mine and keep my unlimited. Basically I would need to transfer SIM cards but I would need to tell AT&T that she still has a flip and I got the new phone. Anyone know?

2. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Yes, and that shouldn't be a problem. Just pop your SIM card in before turning it on so it doesn't disable hers.

3. dweb619_2 macrumors member

dweb619_2

Yes att will do their own upgrade page but I wouldn't do it threw them unless you have too. Last year I ordered my phone threw apples app got right in and got my phone for launch day. My aunt tried going threw att she got her order in BEFORE mine and her delivery date was in October.

4. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes but I can't do my two year upgrade through Apple. But does AT&T orders go live at same time as Apple?

5. dweb619_2 macrumors member

dweb619_2

If it was me I would pre order threw apple with yours moms number, once get the phone go to your att store and swap the sims it's free. ive done that in the past.

6. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

You cannot do the two year upgrade from Apple anymore. Only AT&T

7. duaneu macrumors 6502a

Yes, the carriers start taking orders the same time as Apple, midnight Pacific time.

8. dweb619_2 macrumors member

dweb619_2

maybe I'm wrong I could swore Apple was still doing that.

9. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Pretty sure you're wrong. Last I heard, AT&T was only allowing 2 year upgrades through only them and no one else.

10. dweb619_2 macrumors member

dweb619_2

maybe. Att does tend to change their mind a lot though.

11. lsh macrumors 6502

I might suggest you do a 'test' order thru apple as if you were buying a iPhone 6plus on the eligible phone. I did that last time and it was a great practice.

I'm assuming your are on the same account as your mom, right? I've ordered off an eligible plan pre-Next from apple with no problem. I just went to AT&T and had them switch the sims (I think the phones had different sizes then).
    But thru AT&T when you order, you might be able to order off another account's eligibility without the phone switch later.

But I think Apple is better able to fulfill than AT&T. If you can order thru Apple, do!