AT&T preorder through Apple Store Error

royinla14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Hi - as I am trying to go through the steps of ordering a new phone so I know what to expect later tonight, I am going through the screens of the Apple Store App and when it gets to the 'Now lets get your iphone ready' page it attempts to contact AT&T and have pre-populated fields for my phone #, zip and last 4 of ss. The issue is that I am getting an error that the details do not match. Once I manually put again zip and last 4 of ss, it does work. Anyone knows how can I update these fields so they are correct to begin with?

thanks

Reactions: kemami

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
On a family plan? AT&T orders sadly must use a shipping address and SS# that matches the primary billing address of the AT&T account.

Juandagis

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Hi - as I am trying to go through the steps of ordering a new phone so I know what to expect later tonight, I am going through the screens of the Apple Store App and when it gets to the 'Now lets get your iphone ready' page it attempts to contact AT&T and have pre-populated fields for my phone #, zip and last 4 of ss. The issue is that I am getting an error that the details do not match. Once I manually put again zip and last 4 of ss, it does work. Anyone knows how can I update these fields so they are correct to begin with?

thanks
If you order thru the Apple store app on the same phone you are going to upgrade it skips these steps. lets say you use your iPad it will ask for the info, super annoying, cant be bypassed according to Att.

royinla14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
If you order thru the Apple store app on the same phone you are going to upgrade it skips these steps. lets say you use your iPad it will ask for the info, super annoying, cant be bypassed according to Att.
I am using the phone I am going to upgrade and I am the primary holder, and still get these steps

ck2875

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
That worked! Thank you!!!
Yeah, I randomly figured that out last night and was surprised it wasn’t AT&Ts fault. Hopefully me helping people isn’t to my detriment tonight. But theoretically the less people trying to auto-submit incorrect details and then correct it with a second submission, the less likely AT&T’s servers immediately freeze up.

jclo

Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
California
Apple Store App > Account Tab > Account Settings > Remember Me > Toggle Off and back On
I was having this issue with Verizon and couldn't figure out why it was pulling in incorrect details. Thanks! I switched carriers last year and never would have thought to update this info.