at&t preorder waiting for email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daitalianjob, Jun 15, 2010.

1. daitalianjob macrumors regular

so i preordered around 2:30 from AT&T.com n the order went through n everything, but i'm still waiting for the confirmation email. i'm not concerned i'm sure it'll go through n all, but is anyone else in the same boat?

2. daitalianjob thread starter macrumors regular

the website also says that it doesnt have a record of my order in its systems yet, which is prob due to the high order volume...anyone?

3. slsl0 macrumors member

Im in the same situation, all i have is the order number from the receipt and that's it.

4. daitalianjob thread starter macrumors regular

5. atacinus macrumors 6502

I'm in the exact same boat...ordered at almost the same time as you as well (closer to 3pm est) - so we should all be good for delivery on the 24th...I'd feel a whole damned lot better though if I had either a confirmation e-mail or if my order showed up on the AT&T system.

So I went to apple.com and pre-ordered another for in-store pickup......just in case.

6. slsl0 macrumors member

7. daitalianjob thread starter macrumors regular

yeah but doesnt it charge you again? i dont have enough money for that lol

8. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Same thing happened to me and I called CS. He said they have no record of the order so I tried to see if I could pre-order (not a reserve) thru Apple and it went through. Kinda weird and I just hope I get one from either place.

9. simplemind macrumors member

UT (for the time being, cant leave soon enough)
    put me in the same boat, I am currently in the waiting que at ATT to figure out if I am getting my phones or not....

10. daitalianjob thread starter macrumors regular

we'll be fine. prob an email later tonight/tomorrow morning

11. slsl0 macrumors member

For all of you people, have you guys even been charged. I have not.

12. stick159 macrumors member

I ordered at 6A.M. EST and have yet to receive an email from AT&T. I can look it up on the order status and it shows everything fine but I'm just not comfortable with it till I get that email! LOL.

13. Sburkholder macrumors newbie

Ordered at 2am AK time, got an order number and my credit card has been charged. Still no email but when I check my order status it shows up so I think it went through.

14. atacinus macrumors 6502

I haven't been charged which makes me a bit suspicious...but I mean, I have a confirmation number...if all else fails and they have "lost" my order I plan to make some customer service reps day a living hell...I will certainly get at least a few months free or something. I'm not asking for restitution for their server problems, but if I followed the rules and got a confirmation and they lost the order...well, there will be hell to pay.

Also, I wouldn't be worried (yet) if you call AT&T and they say they have no info on your order...I assume they're probably using the same system we have access to to track order status...so if it's not there yet, it's not there.

15. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Maybe you are why I'm still on hold ....

16. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I'm in the opposite boat. I got the email confirmation, but no order status.

17. Mykald macrumors newbie

My order went through at 3:20 central time. Received my email confirmation at 3:30 central. I just checked my status using my order number:
    OS001: We're sorry but the information you entered was not recognized by our systems. Please contact us for further assistance.

I'm wondering if I've given it time to process. Also, my credit card is not showing a charge yet. It has been 2 and half hours. I called CS, of course it was automated, but they had no records as of yet either.

18. simplemind macrumors member

UT (for the time being, cant leave soon enough)
    well according to ATT, my order number on my printed receipt pulls up my order in the system, the rep I talked with said they have been overwhelmed and it might take a while for the server to catch up on emails.
    I am just glad she was able to pull my order up and verify for me that the order in fact was placed and I should be good for delivery on the 24th.... but then again this is ATT we are talking about

19. mode101 macrumors regular

mode101

I ordered around 1pm mountain time, and have not recieved an email nor can I find my order on their website. I ordered a second one because I was worried, and have no details on it either. Now I have to wait for them to go through the system so I can cancel one of them...

20. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I've been getting that message since 8AM EST. It gets old quickly.

21. iPhone3gPSU macrumors member

I got mine! However, I particularly like the grammatical error under the "Note" section. Way to go AT&T!

[​IMG]

22. ashley1496 macrumors regular

Frak! I hate ATT! This is WHY I wanted to do this from the apple store! I got a confirmation around 1:50 pm Pacific time which is 3:50 pm Central/4:50 Eastern. They haven't charged my card, I haven't received an email. When I check my order status my order can't be found, and I called customer service and got the same answer. I'm back to trying to order from Apple, but I keep getting "reserve in store" option only, once I get thru to that it tells me that I've already reserved one on that apple ID. However, when I "check reservations" it says I have none associated with my apple ID. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I've been trying since 5:30 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!

23. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

Same. I've got a confirmation number but no email and no order status online. I ordered one for home delivery from Apple.com just in case.

I'm actually hoping I end up with two phones for the $299 price. :)

24. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

25. slsl0 macrumors member

I just decided to give up on ATT and just placed an order with apple, they already charged me so if ATT finally comes around good luck finding anymore money in my account