Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Malixx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Hi y'all!
I'd like to know if someone knows when the iPhone 3G unlocked prices will be active at AT&T

$ 599 8GB
$ 699 16 GB

Thanks!

dmag

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
the phone won't be unlocked. The prices you have listed I believe will be the unsubsidized pricing, but the phone will remain with att.

edit: I believe it's $499/599 but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Malixx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
No one knows yet, but Apple stores will probably be the first ones to have something like this. What's in it for AT&T to carry an unaffiliated phone?

Right now what's the price of an unlocked iphone at apple store?

tkidBOSTON

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2005
The Hub of the Universe
Right now what's the price of an unlocked iphone at apple store?

There is no price. Apple has no plans to sell an unlocked iPhone. All sales in the US will be tied to AT&T.

I think you're confusing the "no-commitment" price with the fact the phone will be unlocked.

AT&T states:
How much will I pay for iPhone 3G?
If you are upgrade eligible and your account is in good standing, you will pay $199 for 8GB (black) and $299 for 16GB (black or white). Two-year contract required.

You have the option to purchase an early upgrade priced at $399 for 8GB (black) or $499 for 16GB (black or white). Two-year contract required.

In the future, AT&T may offer a no-commitment option of $599 for 8GB and $699 for 16GB.

But this does not mean it will be unlocked, just that you don't have to sign a 2 year contract.

Malixx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
There is no price. Apple has no plans to sell an unlocked iPhone. All sales in the US will be tied to AT&T.

I think you're confusing the "no-commitment" price with the fact the phone will be unlocked.

AT&T states:

But this does not mean it will be unlocked, just that you don't have to sign a 2 year contract.

Yes .. I mean the no-commitment price..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.