AT&T put the IPhone money back in my account!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Drusso, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drusso macrumors member

WTH!!! Im on the phone with the CSR now....shows my order which they say will ship the 24th, shows upgrade has moved to next year and I have 2 email confirmations from AT&T stating I'm getting the phone...but still I had the money taken out Tuesday morning or at a pending status since then and then this morning it's put back....

2. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Was it "pending" before? I assume they were just checking if funds were available, and they will actually take out the money when it ships.

4. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

The money was on hole, it never came out of your account, they can only keep a hold for so long, they will only take the money once they are ready to ship the phone, you should still be ok, but with the way all this pre order has been going, I think no one is 100% safe until the fedex/UPS truck pulls up to your front door...

5. Drusso thread starter macrumors member

Ya I just found it..how do I delete this thread?

6. Guitar7272 macrumors member

Chill. They never took the money out to begin with, it was just a preauthorization to ensure you had enough funds available. They wont charge you until the phone ships.

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Its fine, I called AT&T they confirmed my order was still there.

8. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I don't know why, but it seems like they are holding money out of some people's account and some that don't. I called 611 and they told me my order is on file, looks good, and i shouldn't worry. They never seemed to charge my card. Checked my AMEX account online and don't see anything pending. But that could be I don't see pending charges either ;)

9. wattsja macrumors regular

I actually think it was on hold not hole. lol

But yes, as was stated, it was pending to check for fund. That actual amount will be drafted the day it ships.

10. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Subtract your available credit from your credit limit - if you see iphone money as the differance they pre-authorized your charge. Or call your credit card company - either way.

11. FatherAwesome macrumors newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.