AT&T Question: Can I FINALLY get an iPhone???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jwade32, Sep 12, 2008.

1. jwade32 macrumors newbie

I live in a very rural area with no AT&T coverage. I recently read in our local newspaper that AT&T is planning on putting 2 towers in our area. The bad thing is they are still about 15 miles from where I live. Does any know if a signal reaches that far from a tower? I desperately want an iPhone. I plan on stopping by an AT&T store to see what they know.

2. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

My buddy walked into an AT&T store yesterday and walked out with a 3G. You might wanna wait on those towers to be built and I'm sure there will be either a price drop or bigger gig size by Christmas.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You should be able to, once the coverage is official. Then again, my home address is not technically covered (because of hippies) but I get service because I don't roam, because I'm only a block or two from a coverage area.

TEG

4. agbot macrumors regular

OT: What's the story with that? I used to do some work in White Salmon / Bingen.

5. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

I don't have knowledge of how far the signals extend from a tower, but I highly doubt it would go 15 miles.

6. jwade32 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I'm thinking (but not hoping). I was excited when I read the title to the article about AT&T putting in new towers but then found out they'll be 15 miles from my house. Interesting how the 2 towers are only a few miles apart though. :confused: Doesn't make sense to me.

7. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I work here for a small aviation company. However, my Home Address is on Whidbey Island (where all the Hippies are), as I'm only here as an intern. The crappy thing about Bingen/White Salmon is that the tower is in Oregon.

TEG

8. jellis macrumors member

I believe there is a 30 day return policy. I am guessing you could go buy one then return it if the coverage is bad.

9. viggen61 macrumors 6502

15 miles is stretching it a bit. If there is absolutely, positively nothing between you and the tower, it might work.

Why not get a phone you can use out there, and an iPod Touch? I know it's not like having it all in one, but 90% of what you buy the iPhone for is in the iPod touch...

:apple::apple: