Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nizz, Oct 13, 2011.

1. nizz macrumors regular

I sold my iphone 4 so I'm missing all of my texts and calls at the moment.

Does anyone know if I get to see them when I activate my 4s? or are they lost?

thanks.

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

You will miss calls, but the voicemails should be there. Text messages will be saved and resent for up to a certain period of time. I think it is at least five days. Not sure.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Texts and VM are stored server side, so you should be fine (like when you're on a plane and turn your phone back on.) but are you saying you just don't have a phone after you sold your 4?

4. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

:confused: You can grab a flip phone from any carrier for $7 bucks or less. I bought this nokia flip phone for $4.99 to hold me over till my phone arrives Friday.

5. nizz thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking about getting a go-phone, but the mini sim wouldn't fit. I do have a work blackberry that I've been using temporarily, so it isn't the end of the world for me to miss a few calls and texts.

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I have been without my iPhone for 13 days, I sold it as well. I just told my friends to use my Google Voice # in the mean time. You can send texts. I am still able to check voicemail messages by calling the old phone with my Google voice #, since the 4S will be delivered tomorrow, it worked well. Just a suggestion. You can import your address book to Google and have all your phone contacts.

7. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

You people blow my mind selling your old phone *before* you buy a new phone whose availability isn't even certain.

Livin' on the edge!!

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

That's not the craziest part, it's just not having a phone that baffles me. Maybe it's because I don't live with my parents and don't have a landline, but even going for 2 or 3 days without a phone seems....well, doesn't seem like a good idea.

9. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I have never done it before, but nextworth.com had their deal where they paid $250 per phone. We could not pass that up. The condition was you had to accept the offer before Apple released their phone on Oct 4, so we went for it. I would not do it again :D

10. nizz thread starter macrumors regular

You're spot on.

I would not have even considered selling my iphone if I didn't have my work-blackberry to make calls.