AT&T Readying Network for New iPhone this June?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by =MuLti-CeLL=, Apr 3, 2009.

1. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Would be interesting to hear about O2 and if they're rolling out something similar...

Might be worth getting a map of O2 3G and also HSDPA coverage now, then looking at snapshots rolling up towards June. (Anywhere 3G is apparently HSDPA 3.6MBps ready, with potentially a few places 7.2 - but no real word about whether they'll bring more 7.2 out). This could in part be about using the iPhone as a tethering device. Uptakes been pretty decent - if they bundle it right, it could bring a lot more network usage for those with laptops and iPhones.

2. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Looks like the improvements will go only to the big market areas. I'll be using edge for a long time and paying for 3g service.

3. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

no

I just wish I could have 3G in my area. Edge is getting very old. AT&T really should spread the 3G wings a little more before taking on anything else.

4. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

we've already migrated from 1900 to 850 in many parts of my area. I went from average coverage at home to a strong signal. 850 is ftw!

5. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Remember with the new software coming out that will put a strain on their system also.. If they do come out with another phone at the same time, it will probably be a disaster just like last year...

I hope AT&T is ready.....

James