AT&T Rep Said August

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulold, Jun 7, 2008.

1. paulold macrumors 6502

OK - I called AT&T cause I was curious about what my options would be should Apple release a new iPhone in the near future, given that I bought an iPhone back in March. Would I be able to just buy the new phone and switch my plan over? The rep didn't sound too bright and she asked to put me on hold, saying she was pretty sure the new iPhone wouldn't be available until August. She then put me on hold and came back after a minute saying "that was just a rumor". So, was it a slip or was she just clueless? We'll soon find out.

She also didn't really answer my question. She said if I wanted to purchase a different phone right now, I would have to pay full price for it. So does that mean only people starting up a new contract with AT&T will be offered the subsidized price (if the rumors are true that there will be a subsidy)?

2. Corbet macrumors member

If they hold off the release of the new iPhone until August I will stop using the internet. forever.

It's not gonna happen.

3. greekpaz22 macrumors regular

The AT&T rep would have no idea about when it was coming out...So that just seems like a silly slip-up.

And as usual with phone subsidies, you only get them if you are eligible for an upgrade and if you then sign up for a (usually) two year contract..

So assuming the new iPhone is available soon, you'll have to go ahead and pay full pop to upgrade it!

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

lolololol...funniest thing I heard today. Right, like Apple is going to go 3 months with no product to sell. It will be available week of June 9th. No question.

5. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

just called at&t

the lady Mallory said "we arent supposed to talk about future iphones. i just know something is being released on monday thats really big and being put on sale right away."

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Clueless.

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Since you had to pay full retail price for an iPhone, I'm pretty sure you can switch phones anytime. When I look at my account online it says my iPhone is eligible for a subsidized upgrade if I so desire. I imagine its just a matter of signing a new 2 year contract.

8. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

10. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

if i were you id ignore those twits, the know nothing,;).

11. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

an AT&T rep once told me that the new iPhone is coming out in November, and then admitted that she had never actually seen an iPhone before. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

12. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    haha definitely clueless. I'm almost starting to like these 'i heard from at&t' threads... each one becomes exponentially more ridiculous and comical than the last!!

at&t reps don't know nothing yet. (intentional grammatical error) I can guarantee you that i know more about the iphone release than they do. no way they won't be released till august. I won't go so far as to say next week, but definitely definitely in june.

13. suckhinder macrumors newbie

she's probably said the same thing about you: "yo, that stupid fool bought an iphone 1.0 just when everyone and their mommas know that 3G's for sale in bout 3 months. "

14. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

AT&T reps I am sure don't have any inside info yet.