AT&T Reps Clueless?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by witmvpness6, Jun 11, 2010.

1. witmvpness6 macrumors member

Or am I wrong? My scenario:

I have a family plan with two lines; a Blackberry Bold and a Pantech Breeze (old flip phone). The Pantech has an upgrade eligibility date of 9/24/2010. The Bold is somewhere in 2011, I forget. I called AT&T customer service and inquired about the 6 months upgrading early option for the iPhone 4. He's telling me I have to have 6 months left on my contract to upgrade. I called the AT&T store near me and he's saying I have to be in contract for 18 months as well, its either I'm eligible or I'm not.

So my question is am I wrong or the representative. Will I be able to upgrade the flip phone line on June 24th to the iPhone 4? Thanks

2. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Pantech will be allowed the upgrade price ($199/$299)
    Blackberry Bold won't

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The 6 month exception rule was only for current iPhone customers and this would not apply to the OP so the OP would have to wait until September.

4. Lenxal macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure its if any of your lines are eligible in 2010 then you can get the 6 months early upgrade.

5. witmvpness6 thread starter macrumors member

Not according to Engadget.

"Update: Good news, addicts! AT&T just pinged us to clarify that so long as your upgrade date is anytime in 2010, you're now eligible to spend an additional two years paying dues to AT&T. In other words, a fair amount of you will be able to buy one of these at contract price on day one. The full statement is after the break, along with AT&T's full pricing release."

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Interesting and good find :cool:

7. alejovh1 macrumors regular

the upgrade price was supposed to be for current iphone customers onle but who knows, maybe they will let everyone upgrade?
    I would suggest to check online on the 15th.

8. fuzion macrumors 6502

Not sure.. my mom has a samsung phone that was replaced late last year and is in contract; however I logged on last week and it said upgrade eligibilty is 6/24/2010.. Before it was announced at WWDC.

9. witmvpness6 thread starter macrumors member

If anyone gets any official information and they would post it here it would be much appreciated.

10. Pared macrumors 65816

11. witmvpness6 thread starter macrumors member

:D

12. fuzion macrumors 6502

<3