AT&T: Returning a phone.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by SolarShane, May 7, 2014.

1. SolarShane macrumors 6502

I just returned my Galaxy S5 (Nexus 5 and iPhone are much better) today, and am wondering, and just realized that I completely forgot the charging cable sitting in my desk drawer.

I'm assuming AT&T "doesn't mind" a missing charging cable? (They probably have hundreds in stock anyway).

2. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

idk I returned a faulty iPhone 5 and accidentally put the old iPhone 4 usb cable in and they called me demanding that I come back and give them the proper cable. Depends on if the employees do their job or not I suppose.

3. SolarShane thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks; the thing is, the rep didn't even notice it was missing.

When did you return it? If it was early when the Lighting cables weren't abundant, then that explains why they demanded the right cable. Now that Lighting cables are abundant thanks to the iPads, you've probably gotten away with it.

4. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

the next day. Was surprised that they checked that into detail actually. On an unrelated note, reps usually get on my nerves as they know nothing in depth about phones or mobile technology. I've only had one rep ever able to hold a real convo about the stuff. AT&T managers have always been some of the rudest people I've ever talked with. They act like their life is extremely miserable and want others to suffer too. Customer service through telephone has always been nice though.

5. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

Once you leave the store, it's on the employee/store; I wouldn't worry about it.

6. rockitdog Suspended

If you're feeling generous, You can send the extra cable/charger to me! :)

7. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Dont worry about it. Im sure they have a million laying around

8. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

It doesn't matter, as all customer return phones will get sent back, inspected, and sold as refurbished with all new accessories. So unless they call you asking for it, I wouldn't worry too much about it as they already accepted your return.

9. SolarShane thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies! It's my first time returning a device to AT&T and when I saw the cable in my desk, I freaked. I'll wait a week after my credit card gets the refund and I'll see what to do with the cable.

10. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

It depends. If you returned it to the store, then it was on the employee to make sure everything was in the box, so if the cable is missing he'll be the one who has to respond for the missing cable, not you, since he accepted it like that from you.

If you returned by mail, then you may get a call from at&t or they may deduct the price of the cable from your refund.

11. SolarShane thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks; I returned it to the store.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For peace of mind that's probably the best option :)