AT&T rollover data!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gbuc95, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbuc95 macrumors member

2. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

Great. Now they need to follow Tmobile's footsteps and not count music streaming services as part of your data usage. :)

3. ephemeralreason macrumors regular

ephemeralreason

So it looks like they will only roll over from one month to the next and not accumulate unused data for 12 months, like the minutes rollover. That's weak. Here's the quote:

"If you have four lines and have a 15GB AT&T Mobile Share Value Plan and only use 10GB in a given month, you'll roll over 5GB and have a total of 20GB available to use within the next month. If you were to only use 10GB in the second month, you'll again roll over 5GB and have a total of 20GB available the next month."

4. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I wonder if there's anyone left who isn't at AT&T or T-Mobile who thinks stopping the merger was a bad idea. :)

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Well it still rolls over somewhat, if you are that worried about rollover accumulating, you are probably paying for too much data anyway.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nice, though I've been bumping up against my threshold pretty consistently

7. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

8. Razeus macrumors 601

So I'm basically going have my 20GB plan turn into a 30GB plan all while still paying for the 10GB plan. This is awesome.:eek:

9. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

10. nilk macrumors 6502a

I've been very happy with changes AT&T has made. First they added no-contract plans with Mobile Share Value Plan; I always hated the contract model because it left money on the table if I didn't choose to upgrade every 2 years or wanted to bring my own unlocked phone.

With Mobile Share Value, I originally signed up for 1GB because I rarely use more than that in a month (and if I do, the cost of additional GB is small enough that getting a larger allotment doesn't make sense). Then they bumped that plan up to 2GB, then 3GB. Now I get rollover data on top of that. I'll have months where I have more than 5GB available. Though I will probably never use more than 2GB in a month, it's nice to know I have that much available as I occasional use tethering/hotspot even when WiFi is available (cellular is often faster and more reliable).

Thanks T-Mobile for the competition.

11. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

This is great news! I just switched to AT&T yesterday (3GB mobile share plan) and it'll be nice to have any unused data rollover into the next month. I regularly almost hit or went over 2GB on Verizon, but never went over 3 so this plan is perfect for me.

12. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.