AT&T rollover minutes problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mzak, Aug 17, 2009.

1. mzak macrumors newbie

Hi, I just entered into a family plan with AT&T. My uncle was the other person on the account, and has been with AT&T for 2 years and had 1350 minutes and text with rollover minutes, as of now he has 8905 rollover minutes. Our current plan with AT&t is 700 shared minutes with unlimited texting and data for The Iphone, i was on the phone with AT&T asking a question about rollover minutes and the lady said that becasue our plan was switched, the 8905 minutes will reset. Has anyone else had a problem similar to this and can AT&T do this?

2. nitemare macrumors regular

your roll over minutes should reset to 700 minutes. if you switch to a plan with less minutes u should lose all roll over minutes over the number of plan minutes. do a search its been talked about on here recently

3. samcraig macrumors P6

I hate when I point my URL to MR and wind up at the ATT support forum. It happens all the time lately... ;)

4. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

Unfortunetly, Nitemare is correct.

But, in theory if you have a 700 minute plan the odds of you actually using your rollover minutes before they expire are slim to none anyway.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    That's how it goes. There is always a catch. Who is going to use 8000 minutes anyways? Geez.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

you guys could

talk for the next week 24/7 non stop lol that would just about get it under control of course there is the after 9 and night and weekends darn it. Why do want those old stale minutes any way? :p to bad we can't sell our extra minutes to other people in the network people would love that on both sides. :D

7. Clayne macrumors 6502

Hey, I apologize for posting on a relatively old thread, but it didn't seem worth making a new one for..

If we're going from a single line 1350 minute plan, to a familyplan 1400 minute plan, is there any way we can keep our rollover minutes?

8. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Truth be told, if you have over 8000 rollover minutes, chances are you won't ever use them. So don't sweat it.

9. Clayne macrumors 6502

In our case, we would most definitely be using our 1000 rollover minutes :/

10. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Oh sorry, I didn't realize the date of the original post. I thought this was a new post.

I doubt anyone could answer your question accurately, unless there happens to be a AT&T rep browsing this forum. I know for fact that if you downsize your plan, you will lose the rollover minutes over the new anytime minute.

11. Clayne macrumors 6502

Thank you. I suppose I should just have a go at getting them to retain the minutes when I go in to get our second iphone.

12. daflake macrumors 6502a

This is just an FYI... I called AT&T about an issues with SMS cost (long story) and the lady that was helping me noticed that I had lost my rollover minuets when I switched plans. She put them back on for me and I didn't even ask for it. It may be worth simply asking them if you can have them. They may be willing to put them on for you. ;)