At&T said you can pre-order the White iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TJunkers, Jun 15, 2010.

1. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Just got back from AT&T and they would let me pre-order the white iPhone saying it comes out June 24th... I didn't do it cause I am very confused and AT&T is... um... special!

2. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Makes you wonder if it'll be up before the end of the day on apple...

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I stopped reading after "Just got back from AT&T"

AT&T in store reps = clueless

4. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

[​IMG]

5. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

6. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It would be funny if the only reason Apple had not permitted pre-ordering the white ones is if they had messed up something to do with distinguishing black from white devices, in the model numbers, on boxes or in the devices' internal ID-data storage. I have visions of a hastily assembled bunch of senior clerks at Foxconn busily creating lists of ranges of serial numbers.... hopefully not storing them on ATT servers...

Anyway if it just turns out that they had some white phones in the early production runs that discolored or cracked or whatever, then it's better they halt processing of orders for the white ones until they get the production issues sorted out.

8. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

yea i find this "no white for pre-order" really strange.... doesn't seem like something Apple would pull during production, but who knows... maybe the Hype Train / Hysteria Buzz Generator in action

9. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I just talked to an AT&T rep and they didn't even know that you couldn't preorder white. He said, "well that's silly, and I didn't read about it in my notes for today."
    And then he started rereading his notes for today out loud. "today the iPhone comes out!..."

So the guy I talked to didn't even know about them not having whites. Which is a reason the guy you talked to thinksnyouncan pre order white