AT&T Sales Tax Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swiftaw, Jun 25, 2009.

1. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Okay, I used to live in MA, so my old t-mobile cell phone had a MA area code.

Now, I moved to NE a couple of years ago and when the iPhone 3Gs came out I decided to switch to AT&T.

When it came to porting my number over I entered my address and it said the number was not eligible (probably because the area code did not match the state I lived in) but I found a way around it by filling in the "will the phone be used anywhere other than the billing address" section with a MA address.

Now, I got my first AT&T bill, and under the taxes section it lists MA sales tax, not NE sales tax.

Is this an issue?

Has anyone else had experience with porting over a number with an area code from one state while residing in another?

Thanks

2. rmargiotta macrumors newbie

Dang, if this is the case, I'm getting a P.O. Box and number in Oregon or Montana....

I'm not too keen on interstate tax laws, but if this has been your residence for some time now, I think you bill has already been reflecting this change in residence and probably won't change much because of changing devices. Just my thoughts.

3. DanielZ2009 macrumors newbie

Sales Tax

Hi Swiftaw,

I work in a law office and I would like to talk to you about the sales tax. three one zero four zero two six five one four

Daniel

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And the ambulance chaser has gone high tech.

5. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

That has got to be the funniest things Ive seen all day on MR today. Bravo:D. Third ambulance chaser Ive seen post on here today. Maybe there not aware of the private message system...