AT&T says I use large amounts of data, iPhone 5 says otherwise

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ben824, Apr 23, 2013.

1. ben824 macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 5 32GB on AT&T. They said about a week ago that I used 4.4GBs on my line alone. I reset the cellular data counter built into the iPhone and it says that I have used just over 1.5GBs and thats with adding the upload and download data usage together. Why does my iPhone say I used so little and AT&T say I used so much? Basically I am asking who is right? I use my phone for a lot of facebooking and twitter and just messing around while I am board at my job but I am not streaming a bunch of videos or downloading a bunch of apps.

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Downloading apps, streaming videos and music will put you over your limit faster than you may think.

They will usually credit your account once if you think they're screwing you, but you can use the myAT&T app to track your usage.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

myAT&T app is the only way to really know and follow what AT&T thinks is your usage.

4. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

I had the Same Problem with Verizon Wireless! So I dumped them and I switched to Sprint PCS Wireless! No more Overages, No more Slow Downs!

----------

Whoops, just noticed that my Signature is out of Date! Could someone tell me how I change my Signature?

----------

Never Mind I found it.

5. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

No more slow downs? And you are on Sprint? lol

6. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

Hey Sir, I get a nice Strong 4G LTE Connection with Sprint @ Zip Code 60102, Otherwise known as Algonquin, IL! Just FYI.

7. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

One of the lucky few!

8. intrepid00, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013

intrepid00 macrumors 6502

They will also count data sent to you even if you don't get it. Disable cell data and see if the counter keeps going up even though it is off once the site as of usage date matches the time or past when you disabled cell data.

Make sure you are also using Wi-Fi when you can.