AT&T screwed me a bit... help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtfield, Jun 9, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

So I had an iphone that I sold a few weeks ago like a number of you. Then bought a PAYG phone to tide me over for a while until the 3G one came out. I had an issue that I had to call at&t for and the women saw I had a iphone plan on a non iphone and told me she could change it "to save me money" so she did. Now I see that the data price is going up to $30/ month for the next iphone! and if i had just kept my old plan I would have been able to keep the $20 a month plan!? correct? so what should I do? I called at&t and she said she could not put that plan back on until I had an iphone. My brother has an iphone, so should I take his put my sim card in it activate it on my plan and then put his back in and re activate it? Then would I be all set??? Thanks!

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

If you cop a 3G iPhone you will have to pay the $30 a month. Doesn't seem to matter if you were on the $20 plan. If you plan on using 3G then be prepared to pay 3G prices. Guess this is what we get for Apple making the iPhone affordable.

3. mtfield thread starter macrumors 6502

So anybody that upgrades is going to have to pay the higher data price? I wonder if it will be called "iphone 3g unlimited data plan." That makes me feel better. The $10 a month isn't that big of a deal, but it sure would have pissed me off i got screwed out of the cheaper plan by the at&t rep, i mean that would be like mobile me for free!

4. hotzenplotz macrumors regular

$10 = 2 gallons of gas.
    - That is 48 gallons of gas for two years, provided gas price does not go over $5.
    - 120 loafs of french bread
    - 48 gallons of milk
    - 192 lb of cherries at the farmers marker
    etc.

5. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

I guess all of our "old" original iphones aren't going to be worthless after all. :)

1. It will be much less attractive to unlock the 3g for use on other networks if you have to buy a 2 year plan with ATT just to get the phone.

2. Edge iphone plan saves $120 per year.

I thought it was hilarious seeing how many people rushed to sell their phones last week in anticipation of a new iphone being available today. I've even read some posts where some of those people are thinking of buying another v1 off ebay because they can't wait a month, don't want to pay the 3G data plan prices, and won't be able to unlock it. How ironic!

6. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Yeah, for sure! To be honest, I just sold mine on Sunday for $400... and I was b*tching this morning because the guy hadn't paid me yet, now I'm not so sure that I want him too! I'm going to have to deal with another $240 in the next 2 years in cell carrier costs... sounds like a wash to me!

7. lindsaykaye04 macrumors member

Obviously the plans were going to be more expensive. Before I bought an iPhone when I was hoping to get the Blackberry Curve, the price would have been an extra $35 a month on my existing contract, plus an extra $10 for GPS. In fact, the only reason I bought the iPhone was because it was only going to be $20 a month extra. I'm glad now that I ended up with the iPhone because I love it, but I knew when I sold it that prices would go up with the 3G phone. It will still be cheaper than the Blackberry plan, so I'm okay with it.