AT&T screwed me good.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryank808, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ryank808 macrumors regular

I pre-ordered the iPhone through AT&T, but stupid me ordered the wrong phone. The next day I called to cancel the order. The phone rep told me it was already sent to the shipping facility, but she would create a help ticket to have it cancelled, but there was no guarantee and I would receive a email if it was cancelled.

A few minutes later I received that confirmation email saying that the order had been cancelled. So I called them back to confirm the confirmation. The rep told me it had indeed been cancelled.

Apple had also sent an email saying that I needed to complete the purchase or else the phone reservation would be cancelled. Of course I didn't click the link.

Planning to go to wait in line to buy the correct phone, I checked to make sure my AT&T eligibility had been restored. It said I was ineligible! I chatted with a rep who said the phone had already shipped.

Why would the phone had shipped after receiving both a confirmation email saying the order had cancelled, and I had not completed the Apple reservation?!

Now I have to either wait possibly weeks to return and get the correct phone, or purchase a phone with no contract for more $$.

Thanks a lot AT&T for your crappy order cancellation procedures.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

The demand for Apple products can really cause issues with getting one. Even a simply return/re-order is really hard since there is basically none left.

Sorry to hear you got caught in the crossfire OP :(

3. TJEPP macrumors member

4. Tujin macrumors newbie

Learned my lesson the hard way this time, unfortunately. Never again will I preorder through AT&T

5. eleite macrumors regular

eleite

ATT screwed you really good. Kinda your fault though. :confused:

6. taedouni macrumors 65816

AT&T screwed me good.

No, screwed is when Verizon doesn't confirm eligibility when Apple checks the second time before shipping your phone and causes your 9/19 to become 9/23-25.

All this while playing full price

7. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

You got off lucky. They canceled my 3:15 am 6+ pre order by mistake. I'm still trying to get it reinstated.

8. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

att didnt screw u, u ordered wrong. n how do u order the wrong phone....come on

9. bryancee macrumors regular

Can be wrong both ways on this... either way I will always go with Apple when I want to preorder an iPhone. Only way to go.

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple