At&t Screwed Me Over

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DiSFLyLaTiNa, Jun 8, 2009.

1. DiSFLyLaTiNa macrumors regular

I got 2 lines on AT&T on accident, I didn't realize that saying GO would mean that I purchased it. I was trying to see what the final price of everything would be.

SO I received the phones, returned them the day after I received them (monday)

Today I get a bill from AT&T saying I owe $633.89!!!!

WHAT?!?!??! yeah, OVER $600!!! I DONT EVEN HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM!!!
    they're trying to charge me early termination fees, BUT i only had the phones for LESS than a week!!! I'm so mad and frustrated, I HATE AT&T.

Oh and before you guys tell me to call AT&T i'm on the phone with them right now

2. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

3. DiSFLyLaTiNa thread starter macrumors regular

yeah they did. but that's not the point. I had to call them up, I dont even have an account with them and had to take care of this problem.

well, oh well. whatever to at&t I'm not even thinking about going that way anymore -_-

4. thelordnyax macrumors regular

sounds to me like AT&T was perfectly reasonable, YOU made a mistake and purchased more than you intended, so they charged you for what they thought you wanted...
    then you called them and they fixed the problem
    i don't see what the issue is...

5. bigchief macrumors 6502a

6. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

The problem is natural selection has yet to rid us of people lacking basic reading comprehension and understanding.

(i.e. stupid people)

7. DiSFLyLaTiNa thread starter macrumors regular

they were trying to charge me for early termination fees. you get 30 days to return with no penalty. so why were they charging me? they wasted me some time and I was very worried that I would have to pay $600 to at&t for not having service with them??? wtf!

I never even got a bill that said they were charging me early termination fees! I only got a bill that said i'm past due. They're at fault for not having the right information in the system. The woman on the phone said, "it must have been a computer glich"

and who are these stupid people that you are talking about? is me it? because no i returned it and it was before the 30 days, so i know that i wasn't supposed to get charged anything past that. it was done with. AT&T, yes because they're billing me and I don't even have phone service with them.

8. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

Ok so you stupidly confirmed your order. Not AT&T's fault.

Wait, you mean you had to call AT&T because you made a stupid mistake? No way!

Really, because I'm pretty sure you said this previously:

Sounds like you got a bill detailing early termination fees.

Yes. Its you. Not AT&T.

I'm pretty sure when you hit go you confirmed you wanted to open an account with them. Thus, you did have a phone service with them.

Dis[Stupid]Latina oughta get out of here.

9. dseig001 macrumors member

I didn't know latinas talked like Jar-Jar Binks

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You should re-title your thread to "I overreacted"

11. thelordnyax macrumors regular

if it's any consolation, you're probably stupider than you look...