AT&T Screwed up order - duplicate phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RandyJS, Nov 1, 2014.

1. RandyJS macrumors member

I pre-ordered 2 iPhone 6+ and 1 iPhone 6 through AT&T. My original order was cancelled the day after the pre-order so I had to call AT&T to process a new order. Needless to say, several frustrating phone calls and weeks later I finally got my 2 iPhone 6+'s. However, one of the representatives ordered me a gold iPhone 6 in 128GB mistakenly that caused a number of order issues and stock issues in getting the mistake corrected.

Needless to say, I kept the iPhone 6 gold because I was not sure if I would get the 6+ in before the holidays. In any event, I just got both of my 6+'s and to my surprise, another 6+ was just delivered to my house. I was charged for the additional 6+ but I am not sure what to do with it now, given I have an extra 6 gold and 6+ space gray.

AT&T charged me for a total of 5 phones, of which 3 are being used by my family - leaving me with a 6 and 6+ to get rid of. What do I do with the remaining 2 extra phones? I thought of selling them on Ebay, but was not sure if AT&T would charge me for the full off contract price eventually if they caught the mistake?

Has anyone been in this situation before, and if so, what did you do?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Call AT&T and explain the situation. You didn't pay for them and selling them for your own gain isn't really the right thing to do.

3. 1981d macrumors regular

Call the retentions department and make a huge fuss about all the trouble you had and now, after all that, you have $1,200+ of merchandise that you don't need but are afraid you will be charged for. Then you can return the phones (right thing to do) and try to get a huge bill credit for all the pain they caused you.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

If you'd ordered three phones and only received two, would you call ATT and expect them to make it right?

Same thing in reverse. Call them and get it sorted out. It's not unreasonable to ask for a little compensation for any extra trouble their mistake caused you, but no need to be a dick about it.

5. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

+1
    Honest is the best policy, but only a few are policyholders.