AT&T screws with their Business Customers with Fan Accounts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jasperk99, Sep 20, 2014.

1. jasperk99 macrumors regular

I know this probably doesn't need its own thread; but I need to vent; I understand phone shortages and wait timeS etc.... But now iPhone + availability is popping up at every Apple Store near me (I am in NYC metro) tons of stores, but because I am an AT&T Business customer I can only get my phone through them...... This has been so frustrating for so long, what is the point of not allowing business customers to purchase equipment from an Apple Store, so now I have to wait months and months for something I can drive 2 miles for and pickup today..... END RANT

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

AT&T isn't holding out to you. They can only sell the stock Apple provides them and Apple is always going to hold back stock so that their stores are better equipped to meet demand.

3. jasperk99 thread starter macrumors regular

My problem is that as a business customer I can only order through AT&T. So I am held hostage by there long wait times, despite Apple getting daily stock

4. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I have a fAn account and have never ordered through ATT.

Why are you forced to exactly? Your order and upgrade all work the same as far as I am aware.

I am a premier customer and just received mine yesterday from apple. Called premier to get my activation fees waived as well.

5. jasperk99 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess its because its a business account; when they ask for the last 4 digits of the SS number, I enter our business tax Id; and I get a message that I must deal with AT&T directly

6. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

Same here...I'm a premier customer with a FAN account and I ordered from Apple via next and iPhone came yesterday

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

This simply means that Apple can not give you the discount that ATT will. You got to deal with ATT or pay a higher price at the store.

8. jasperk99 thread starter macrumors regular

I am not getting any discount; I am paying the same price with my business account with a 2 year contract as I would if I paid with a 2 year contract at the store.

9. udflyer macrumors 6502

I've order through business site every year for the last 4 years.

Ordered around 7am EST on the Friday they went for sale.

All delivered on launch day,no problem.

This year we got just an iPhone 6 64 GB Space Grey.

10. jasperk99 thread starter macrumors regular

So it is the the FAN account or premier......its my Business Account that is screwing me; and not giving me the freedom to shop where I want

----------

I am not complaining about the waiting for a phone, I am not happy cuz I am not allowed to walk into an apple store that has the phone I want and purchase it at contract price

11. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

So your SSN is not in any way tied to your contract?
    You are just using your EIN?

12. anthonybkny macrumors 6502

anthonybkny

13. mantan macrumors 68000

I would agree that AT&T needs a separate business department that would work harder for those customers. And part of this would be AT&T working to make sure part of their limited stock was available for their business customers.

Right now they are lumped in with general FAN customers (with corp or student discounts) who don't even understand how/why they are in Premier and what the difference is.

Plus Premier is kind of a silly name, since you don't really get a higher/different level of service - just a different site to order through.