AT&T sent me TWO phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bidwalj, Jun 23, 2010.

1. bidwalj macrumors 65816

AT&T really needs to get their stuff! I added a new line on the 15th through premier and some how a new order got placed on the 21 as well. Called and was assured it was just the same order and not to worry. Fast forward today and they added two lines and shipped two phones.

People can't even get one and their making mistakes like this. Called them and premier won't even take calls so can't even help anyone out.

2. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

3. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

Hope you haven't activated/opened box number two...

4. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

5. bidwalj thread starter macrumors 65816

Not opening the second one. I been charged for it and another line has been added with a new phone. Not going to be thrilled with the next bill. They better take off all the extra charges.

6. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

As long as you don't open it...

My advice would be to head to an AT&T store today and get it taken care of. They'll be happy to have another phone to sell... Just make sure you get a copy of the paperwork regarding their mistake/your return.

7. bidwalj thread starter macrumors 65816

That's the plan except it comes tomorrow. Hopefully they take care of it.

8. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

In that case, you're probably better off waiting until Friday to return it. Thursday will be a madhouse.

9. Stankonia macrumors regular

I don't know if AT&T operates differently, but back in 2006 I bought a new phone through US Cellular and was shipped/charged for two phones. I started to sell the other one on eBay and found out the winner wouldn't have been able to activate it for whatever reason. So I don't know if that would be the case here as well, but it would be something to consider. (though maybe it is different since USC didn't use sim cards back then so the phones themselves were linked to accounts)

10. MaxLightning macrumors newbie

I ordered ONE and specifically ONE phone online and they sent me 2. They actually never charged me for the second one so I guess they forgot. I'm gonna give the second one to a family member for Christmas.

11. BackTwoMac macrumors member

Dude, send it back. Could be an unnecessary problem if they decide they want that phone back AFTER you've gifted it.

Of course there is another--very obvious--reason you should take it back. That's one of them.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Send it back, its the honest thing to do. It also saves you from a possible from further hassles, i.e., once they realize they sent you two. They'll be contacting you and/or charging you.

13. vitacura macrumors regular

Nice thread bump..

I would not risk it, might come back and bite you in the butt. Contact them and return it.