AT&T service disconnected

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wellrelaxed, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Wellrelaxed macrumors newbie

Hi. Has anyone else had the service on their old iPhone disconnected upon shipping of their new iPhone 6? I have no phone service until the new one arrives. Apple even sent me an email apologizing today.

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

4. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I've never heard of this either. Usually your old SIM card isn't deactivated until you active the new one in the new device. I would go to AT&T and get them to give you a new SIM card until your new phone arrives.

5. Cathode macrumors regular

Cathode

It can happen occasionally. If the iPhone 6 was accidentally powered on in-transit it will kill your old SIM.

You can go to your local carrier's retail store and have them give you a replacement SIM for your current phone if you need to.

6. Wellrelaxed thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's the email text.

Thank you for your recent iPhone purchase at the Apple Online Store.

Unfortunately, due to a problem that affected a small number of orders, service to your current phone may have been disconnected.

To reinstate service on your current phone, please call AT&T Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500, or visit an AT&T store.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-MY-APPLE.

7. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

This happened to quite a few people it sounds like, random posts about it.

8. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

I guess they accidentally activated your iphone 6 on their end.

9. Robert66 macrumors newbie

Same here.

Hi,

Around 7pm tonight I lost the signal. When I got home I was able to use Wi-Fi only to surf the net, but no phone calls. I called ATT. It took them 30 min to find out that something happened to a hand full of people. They opened a ticket. Now I am waiting.

Regards,