AT&T Service in Cincinnati

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnnyboy696, Jan 25, 2011.

1. johnnyboy696 macrumors newbie

I have been wanting an iPhone for some time now. I love my iPad and all my apps. I don't carry my iPad everywhere I go but it would be great to still have the apps on an iPhone. I currently have bundled service from Cincinnati Bell covering a landline, internet and 2 Blackberries. I know AT&T would be more expensive, but I am really concerned about the coverage. I know their maps say Cinti is covered, but so is NYC & SF. I want to hear from some current Queen City iPhone owners. BTW, I live on the city's west side.

2. Jbravo macrumors newbie

Can't speak for the West Side, as I live and work on the northside of Cincy. But from Middletown down to Forest Park I almost always have a constant 5 bar signal, so I would imagine you would experience similar signal strength.
    I've only had 2 dropped calls that I can recall in the past 2 years that I've had my iPhone. One of those was during a call where I drove into my garage and walked into my house and then the signal dropped as I walked through the door for some reason. The door is a heavy steel door, so maybe it blocked the signal briefly.

3. tommylee84 macrumors newbie

Cincinnati

I live on the eastgate area, but I work off 75 in St. Bernard and I get great service all over the tri-state. I'm just like you I had everything through cinbell but I hated having them cause their customer service went down the crapper. Make the jump you won't be disappointed. Oh and I get about 4 meg download speed every where.

4. Beccad macrumors newbie

I live north of Cincinnati but am through and around the city regularly. I get good reception on my iPhone 4. In fact, I live in a rural area and get a great signal with AT&T in all of the areas I spend time regularly. I know I'm in the minority, but I am happy with AT&T. The rollover minutes are great for our family plan and I've had good experiences when ive had to contact customer service ( business premier cs).

5. Wierac21 macrumors newbie

Im in Anderson, downtown, and in Clifton and pretty much all over. I usually always have 4-5 bars. AT$T has been great for me so far.

6. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

While I've never lived in Cincinnati, I'm more than happy to share my limited experience with AT&T coverage when I visited not too long ago. I was in Cincinnati for a wedding and I had my iPhone with me all weekend with great coverage in the downtown area.

7. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I lived in Hyde Park last year. My iPhone was nearly unusable. Service was horrible. I now live in Northside and service is excellent. I work on the Cincinnati Children's campus and phone is unusable while in the buildings. Someone even told me that Verizon has set up a scrambler on the roof to block all other carrier's signals. Is this even legal?

8. oneteam macrumors member

I am not sure abut the west side, but the service in the Hyde Park/Oakley area is very good; 4-5 bars all the time and readings of 2Mbps down average. Usually, the Kendwood mall area is pretty bad, at least for me. West Chester and Blue Ash have great service too.

@kas23 -not sure where in Hyde Park you had bad service; I live and hang out there most of the time and have very good service. Erie, Edwards, Madision, Paxton you name it. I've never had an issue with AT&T in Hyde Park.

9. scho52386 macrumors regular

scho52386

I have lived at Montgomery, Beechmont, Clifton, Price Hill, and now Mason.

Everywhere I get 4-5 bars except Price Hill. Certain parts I get dropped signal. Around UC, Kenwood, Eastgate, Newport, Montgomery/Mason you should not have any problems unless you live in a basement or certain parts of town. You have 30 days to use the service I believe...If you are not satisfied just return it :)

10. scho52386 macrumors regular

scho52386

Yah I am around those areas a lot too (Dancing Wasabi Sushi...mmmm), and Oakley/Hyde Park for shopping and random stuff...never had a problem at all. I have some issues at the apartments off Duck Creek, but it is because my friend lives in the basement...outside I have no problems.