AT&T service w/ my iPhone 3g went from weak

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iDanielle, Aug 3, 2009.

1. iDanielle macrumors member

to darn right bad in my home and office after the release of the 3gs. I don't receive about 80% of the calls being made to me. What are the chances of them letting me out of my contract now for free?

2. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

First off, before making any rash decision, consider this.

Is it the 3G giving you problems? Or the AT&T service itself?

I'd contact AT&T to see if they can help you out. Maybe it's the sim card that you are using, or maybe there has been a problem with service in your area.

Next, take the time to set an Apple Genius Bar appointment so they can run a diagnostic on your iPhone. Maybe you just have some faulty hardware, and I'm sure they can replace your iPhone if it's still under warranty.

If all else fails, sorry, there is no chance of them letting you out of a warranty for free. You signed a legally binding contract with AT&T, no exceptions, no questions asked. You'll have to pay the Early Termination Fee if you really want to leave.

3. iDanielle thread starter macrumors member

I've already contacted at&t and they replaced the sim card (free of charge) which was deemed to be weak. This did not help at all. l live about 40 minutes away from the closest Apple store but I'm guessing they don't care about that lol.

4. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Haha, well, if anything, what you can do, is go to Apple for a nice appointment, and if they say that they can fix your iPhone or get you a replacement/refurb, you might be able to do the mail-in service.

2. Service Options. Apple may facilitate service through one or more of the following options:
    (i) Direct mail-in service. If Apple determines that your product is eligible for mail-in service, Apple will send you prepaid way bills (and if you no longer have the original packaging, Apple may send you packaging material) and you will ship the product to Apple’s repair service location in accordance with Apple’s instructions. Once service is complete, the Apple repair service location will return the repaired product or provide a replacement product to you. Apple will pay for shipping to and from your location if all instructions are followed.

You could always try that route and see if it all works out. :)

5. iDanielle thread starter macrumors member

6. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

7. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

I had a similar issue with a buddy's house. I was visiting him, and he warned me that his house has some strange cell problems inside (outside the house, everything worked fine), but inside, moving from one couch to another I would go from 3G to Edge, or loose service altogether. But outside the house and in his neighbors houses, it works perfectly fine. He (and I) doubt it has anything to do with AT&T as his wireless internet does a similar thing (even though we are in the same room with the router, which is an Airport Extreme. It's just a funky house, good thing he's moving and selling it. :D