AT&T Service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megamanbnmaster, Apr 7, 2009.

1. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, I recently want to change to AT&T service as T-Mobile is getting worse and worse.

I have an iPhone edge right now, but I don't really want to hook up with a 2 year contract. My parents have a family plan and I'm thinking of just adding a sim card line (no contract) to their family plan for $10. In addition, I was wondering if it's possible to add the data unlimited for $15 and $5 for 200 text.

Even though it is still the $20 for data/text, it doesn't have any contract. I wonder if the iPhone could read the unlimited data $15 thing?

2. megamanbnmaster thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, another way would be to get a free cell phone, sign the 2 year contract, then if its possible, add the iPhone plan to the system. Will the iPhone (edge) plan renew my contract and change it to 4 years or will it just make the contract extend to 2 years after that date.

3. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

AT&T knows what kind of phone you have the instant it connects to their network. Trying to fool them is pointless.
    Just activate your iPhone via iTunes and take the 2 year contract.
    It will start a new 2 year contract from the date you activate and kill your old one. It does not add it to the end of the existing one.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Make sure you're unlocked and jailbroken and tell them to add the 2g iphone data plan to your account. I dont think you'll have any problems.
    Dont go thru the itunes process, it will automaticly make you sign up a 2 year agreement.
    If you do try to add a data plan thats not made for the iphone and use edge thru it they'll give you a warning and tell you to use the appropriate data package.

5. megamanbnmaster thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh. That's a great idea. I'll just get an LG Shine and then wait a day or so, then activate using the iPhone.

Is there anyway to reactivate an iPhone even though it's been hacktivated (without restoring of course)

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You wont need to reactivate it, just pop in the sim from the LG to the iphone.
    Then call them and tell them to change the data plan on your account to the iphone data.
    You wont be forced into any agreement or anything.