AT&T Shipped Blacklisted Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by texans93, Jan 12, 2019 at 5:21 AM.

1. texans93 macrumors member

i ordered a SGAL Series 4 online via AT&T’s website on Tuesday and received it Friday. Watch was sealed and unopened. I set it up and tried multiples times to activate the cellular feature and kept getting an “unsuccessful “ message. I called customer service and was on the line over an hour with ZERO help. I chatted with customer service and they told me the watch had been blacklisted and would submit to have it removed from the blacklist but it could take up to 5 days. Has anyone else encountered this? I have an appointment at my local store in about an hour to try to get some help. If they have another one in store should I return this one and get another one or simply wait? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tim

2. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

There has to be a reason it's blacklisted. I'd return that watch, get another one, and not leave the store until I was satisfied that it was actually an unused watch. I had the same thing happen to me with a Garmin Fenix 5+, sealed, etc, when I got it home, I went to upgrade it and found actual activities still in the watch. RETURN IT.

3. texans93 thread starter macrumors member

They told me at the store that somehow there had been an inventory mistake. He was great and swapped it out for the like item. All is good now. Thanks for the help!

4. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

I received a Gen. 4 this week from an online order with AT&T. No problems with activation. I was a bit nervous about adding AppleCare+ via Apple. When I tried online, with the serial number, the website confirmed it was eligible. I still had to speak with an Apple Rep. on the phone to get it done.

Sorry you had problems getting a working Apple Watch. That must have been frustrating. I guess there is a lot to be said by going in person and getting it set up at a store (AT&T or Apple Store).

My problem with the local AT&T stores is none of them had stainless. One AT&T shop told me they would probably never get stainless in. Why, I don't know.

Enjoy the watch!