Carrier AT&T shipping address CAN be changed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blackjackmark, Sep 9, 2015.

1. blackjackmark macrumors 6502

Just had a chat with an AT&T rep. In the past, the shipping address for orders placed through AT&T had to match the billing address on the account. Supposedly, they have now changed that policy and will allow the shipping address for preorders to be changed during the order process to be something OTHER than the billing address on the account.

Thought I'd pass the good news (assuming it's true!) on to those such as myself that have always had to monkey with the billing address prior to ordering in the past! (I'm on my brother's plan and don't live near him, so always had to change the address to mine prior to ordering, and its always been a hassle!)

UPDATE:
    Just went through the online ordering process (up to finalizing the order) at ATT.com and it definitely allows you to input any billing address...yay!

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

to avoid any confusion and with those who quickly do the checkout process, i would change it now for the mean time if possible. i would more than bet than when the orders start to ship, there's going to be some upset folks on who's getting their phone delivered to home instead of somewhere where they can sign for the package.

3. blackjackmark thread starter macrumors 6502

Good point, but in going through the ordering process, I see that it requires you to input the shipping address, as there is nothing populated as a shipping address until you type one in. So they have totally revamped the ordering process from past years.