AT&T Shipping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atacinus, Jun 15, 2010.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

So I can get through on AT&T (apple.com is still broken for me) but when I get to the order page it throws up an unsettling statement from AT&T that they will try to guarantee delivery on the 24th but might not be able to...I've always ordered from Apple in the past, but I'm curious if those who bought the 3gs from AT&T got it on launch or not?

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Too funny! My finger was hovering over AT&T's checkout button and I had the same thought and came back here to try and find more information. I think I'm going to hold off until Apple's site is more responsive.

3. stick159 macrumors member

I'm pretty sure if you order through apple it would say something along the same line. There is no way they can guarantee delivery on 24th if there are problems with fedex. I'm sure legally they have to say that. I ordered through AT&T and am not worried about it coming on the 24th but if it doesnt...no big deal the activation that day will probably be hell anyway.

4. Starrbuck macrumors regular

5. lnferno macrumors 6502

So why on the AT&T site was there a "next day delivery" option for $14 more than overnight?

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It's always there, even for preorders, but meaningless for preorders just the same. It's not an oversight, but probably too much of a PITA to program for one product. But be asured there is no "next day" xtra pay option b/c every preorder is scheduled to be delivered on launch day. If you paid for it you can call Apple and they will give you a refund.

8. asdff macrumors member

as mentioned, there's no way to predict what may happen w/ fedex on launch day even if you purchase from apple.com directly...

9. nopassn macrumors regular

I got a similar statement from ATT when I pre-ordered my 3GS... It was at my house by 10am on launch day. I ordered my iPhone 4 via ATT this morning (at 3:30am)

10. jmh0523 macrumors member

I went through ATT last year, same worry... youll get it on 24th

11. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

same here

12. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

+1

13. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

So let me get this right, you are able to get your order in(unlike most people here right now) but your worried about getting your phone a day late..

wtf over?

14. homerjfry macrumors regular

homerjfry

I concur with this gentleman's statement. My only concern is that I requested that they deliver it to my job so I can sign for it. I hope they don't try to deliver it on a Saturday