AT&T Signal strength

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by erock335, Jul 5, 2011.

1. erock335 macrumors newbie

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I just jailbroke my phone with Pwnage 4.3, and now I have really low signal strength with AT&T, only one bar, no matter where I go. I live in Las Vegas, where there is pretty good coverage, and it doesn't seem like the 3G is any slower, but still only shows one bar. Should I be worried? Is there a signal booster tweak out there? Any ideas?

2. FFocuSS macrumors member

This actually happened to me the first time I jailbroke too. I restored it back to factory settings in itunes and then jailbroke it again using redsn0w. It worked fine the second time and I had a signal and everything.

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm assuming you're still on bb 1.59.00, right? If so, you need to install ultrasn0w, reboot your phone, then remove and reinsert your sim - that will fix the signal strength display.

4. erock335 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm on 1.59.00. I'll install ultrasn0w and reboot, pull the sim and see if that works. Thanks!

5. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I hope you haven't done this just yet. The poster above failed to mention that doing this has the potential to completely screw up your MMS/Visual voicemail and can only be fixed by taking out and reinsterting the SIM each time.

6. erock335 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i did install ultrasn0w, tested SMS and VVM, SMS worked fine, but no VM. So I uninstalled ultrasn0w, and I guess I'll wait till someone fixes the bug with the signal strength display. Any idea when there will be a fix for this??

Oh, and thanks for the advice!

7. psywzrd macrumors 68030

That's not true at all. Pulling your sim and reinserting it should fix the vvm and mms issues as well as the signal strength. You may need to pull the sim and reinsert it again if you reboot your phone but it's not like you have to do it 20 times a day or anything. I don't know what you mean when you say that it "can only be fixed by taking out and reinsterting the SIM each time." Each time what?

8. psywzrd macrumors 68030

It's MMS that doesn't work right without ultrasn0w, not SMS. If they're not working, uninstall ultrasn0w, reboot your phone, install ultrasn0w again, reboot your phone again and then remove and reinsert your sim.

9. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Its been a problem for a while now. If I were you I would just update the baseband. its not worth the hassle with the gevey sim and other unlock methods out there.

10. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Sorry, I meant "each time it breaks," which in this case is after every reboot. Anyway, I guess I wasn't totally clear on the situation, I guess the newest version has minimized the problems with MMS/VVM. Either way, I thought that OP should know about potential problems prior to installing.

I'm considering updating the baseband myself, but I'll probably wait until iOS 5 since my 4.3.3 JB is running so well.

11. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

its a flaw with Pwnage 4.3. restore and re-jailbreak with redsnow