AT&T Sim card into Iphone 2g..help..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rungario, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Rungario macrumors newbie

I am getting an iphone 2g from a friend soon. If the iphone is jailbroken and unlocked, and I take the AT&T sim card from my samsung eternity and put in the iphone, will AT&T detect the sim card being in the iphone and charge me for the data plan?

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

well, any at&t sim card can be used on an iphone, the best thing to do is call up at&t, tell them u got an iphone, and switch over to the iphone data plan so u dont get a $5,000 bill next month.

3. Rungario thread starter macrumors newbie

I REALLY don't feel like paying the data plan, so is there ANY way to bypass? Does jailbreaking and unlocking your iphone bypass that?

And how is it even possible to get a $5,000 phone bill >.>

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE7d7ji7aAo, and there is no way to get around that because at&t will notice that you've used much more than your data limit, so they will suspect that, its only 30 bucks a month.

5. Rungario thread starter macrumors newbie

So it's the normal phone bill plus the data plan??

6. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

no, when you buy an iphone you r required to have a data plan, no matter what. now the plan i have is, data, unlimited text, and 450 mins/rollover. this totals out to about $100 per month, but idk if u text alot so maybe youll just pay like 70 bucks a month.

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

If you already have AT&T, you can simply use your sim in the 2G iPhone as long as it is unlocked. Don't worry if you have no data plan, they won't add it on without your consent.

You can also use a GoPhone sim in the 2G as long as it's unlocked as well and buy 1MB or 100MB data plans each month.

8. jRight macrumors newbie

Here's my delima.

I have been using a iPhone Gen1 with the att goPhone plan since 08. with the $20 unlimited data, and unlimited text.

Said Gen1 iPhone finally died on me this past weekend. The question is can I move my already active iphone gophone account to the iPhone 4. If so. What do I need to do.

Thanks in Advance.