At&t Sold Out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chanabra, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Chanabra macrumors member

AT&T is sold out.

How frequent does AT&T stores and apple stores get shipments like the new iphone?

....Should I wait and follow a store or order it online?

2. MisterBlister macrumors newbie

I believe they're getting daily shipments, so you can check back tomorow.

3. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

I heard daily as well.
    I'd wait because you will prob get it sooner than if you ordered it to get sent to your house.

4. ceiph macrumors regular

my question is my att store was still taking orders. were those to be shipped to your house? or is that going to be taken from there overnight stock.

so like is tomorrow going to be sold out before they open because they promised them all today

5. dmelgar macrumors 68000

If someone orders it at a store, do they ship a phone for you to the store or do they fullfil it from stock as it arrives? Or does the phone ship to your house?

6. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

Everyone that is reserving one from att, their phones are going to be shipped to their houses.
    If they come in tonight, those hit the store floor in the morning.
    I guess the ones pre-ordered are from a different stock pile.

7. jmckechnie macrumors member

jmckechnie

What I got from ordering was that I ordered it and it would be shipped to the store. I come down, they activate, I leave.

8. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

bingo..guy told me 5-7 days... i said no thanky

9. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Same story in my town. Sold out when I got there, but they were taking orders that shipped in 5-10 days...

The employee told me they would have more on sale tomorrow morning... I asked if the pre-orders were being filed with the new units tomorrow and he told me they were separate.

I'm planning on returning to the ATT store tomorrow morning.

10. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

yea? thats weird. It looks like it may be different per store. The stores here in CT are saying it will be mailed out to you.

11. joe01 macrumors member

joe01

3G Iphones are sold out in Amarillo local At&t....

12. sellitman macrumors regular

sellitman

Which CT store?

13. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Mine sold out too. I was ~50th in line at about 6:30am and when I got in at around 9am, they told me they sold out of the black 16GB. I told him that the least he could have done is tell the people in line so they don't waste their time, then he just tried selling me the white or black 8GB.:mad:

14. c23roo macrumors regular

Same deal here in Philly... Horrible inventory here - seems like everyone's sold out. Guess i'll wait -

15. acrafton macrumors 6502

I don't understand the 'daily shipment' approach

why not just order 10x the 'daily shipment' and have them available? The don't take up that much space. Apparently the phones are available - somewhere. They are manufactured and are apparently in some warehouse somewhere. . .so, what is the deal with getting 20 phones a day. Send in 200 for the first few days.

My somewhat cynical guess is that this is a ploy to stoke attention of a 'shortage'.

16. dmelgar macrumors 68000

It is silly. I think its AT&T being overly worried about shipping phones to the wrong stores. If there really are a ton of phones laying around somewhere, I would hope that they would send bigger shipments now that they can tell the demand.

17. dmelgar macrumors 68000

18. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I know right. the phones are somewhere in a warehouse... just order more than the first shipment. I think they'll lose more business by selling out everyday instead of catching all those potential buyers right there, right now.

19. Vaco Deus macrumors member

At the ATT store I went to you placed a Direct Fulfillment order. It comes to the store in YOUR name so it'll be waiting for you. Should come with the next shipment and they said it would probably be Tuesday (or Friday at the VERY latest)

I just did that because the ATT sold out quick

20. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Why is anyone trying to buy from an AT&T store anyway? Sounds like the Apple stores have WAY more iPhones. They're saying they won't even run out today.

The only reason I am is that I heard that if you have a FAN discount you must go through an AT&T store and will be turned away from an Apple store. I've even considered trying to get another individual line without the discount and try to sort it out later.

21. FDX macrumors regular

22. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

Yea I did that too... I Hope to get a Call this weekend on my Black 16 GB!

23. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I just called my local Apple Store and they said that they have all 3 SKU's in stock but there's still a line.

I'm gonna call back around 12 and see if they have anymore, if they do, I'll go, if they don't, I'll go tomorrow morning.

24. xbigman15x macrumors member

Not all of us are privileged enough to have an Apple Store in our city. Me, i live in the biggest city in Kansas, 300,000-400,000 people and the nearest Apple Stores are 3 hours away.

25. jmckechnie macrumors member

jmckechnie

As for ATT opening tomorrow, they open at 10.