Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

99MustangGTman

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2008
Germantown MD/ Columbus OH
I just switched to AT&T since I ordered the iPhone. Never had Verizon, but i've had Sprint for 3 years and the service seems to be getting worse. I never have service in my area when I used to get full bars, and text messages fail to send 1/3 of the time.

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I just switched to AT&T since I ordered the iPhone. Never had Verizon, but i've had Sprint for 3 years and the service seems to be getting worse. I never have service in my area when I used to get full bars, and text messages fail to send 1/3 of the time.

Wow that is pretty bad.. I had sprint/nextel for a while.. Nextel uses the two-way which works really well.. Then for the phone calls sprint took all of that.. The newer sprint phone works pretty well..

I had verizon before AT&T and I never had any service issue's. Sure every carrier will get dropped calls from time to time, but I was with verizon for 6 years before switching to AT&T. I've had AT&T since the 3G launch and I've had more dropped calls in the 1 year I've had AT&T then in the WHOLE 6 years I had verizon...

James

99MustangGTman

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2008
Germantown MD/ Columbus OH
Wow that is pretty bad.. I had sprint/nextel for a while.. Nextel uses the two-way which works really well.. Then for the phone calls sprint took all of that.. The newer sprint phone works pretty well..

I had verizon before AT&T and I never had any service issue's. Sure every carrier will get dropped calls from time to time, but I was with verizon for 6 years before switching to AT&T. I've had AT&T since the 3G launch and I've had more dropped calls in the 1 year I've had AT&T then in the WHOLE 6 years I had verizon...

James

Yeah I heard Verizon has amazing service, but I don't really like their phones and the interface they use is kinda cheesy. I just had to have an iPhone lol

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
Well this just about says it all.. Why did apple pick AT&T for the iphone.??

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31667947/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/

James
And after you read all the disclaimers about the test scenarios and variables they couldn't account for, you still bought the story? :rolleyes:

A single one minute sampling of each service provider in each city does not even qualify as a valid test. It's merely a snapshot in time, not a trend.
Statistics 101.

Hardcoredan52

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I live in Tampa,Fl and I switched to AT&T for the 3G launch from sprint and have had nothing but great service. If any problem did arise I called at&t and they fixed it right away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.