AT&T Starbucks partner/employee discount

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sethypoo, Aug 6, 2009.

1. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Hi folks, I have a friend who is a Starbucks partner (employee), who heard that there is a discount program that AT&T offers to Starbucks employees; does anyone know how to sign up for this, or how much the discount is for, or what sort of proof/verification AT&T requires to sign up?

Thanks!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

well I found some answers

using google not sure if they are correct so I propose to solutions.

1. your friend walks in and ask his boss about it!

2. your friend calls AT&T

3. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

Gee, thanks, but if anyone on these forums has any advice besides "just walk in" feel free to speak up! :rolleyes:

Friend's boss knows nothing. Friend is also not near an AT&T store at this time. Thought we'd outsource to the Internet for help...is that so much to ask? :D

4. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

So you don't work for Starbucks, but you want the discount that the Starbucks employees receive? :rolleyes:

5. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

They should go to this url and put in their work email.

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/optin/optInEmailPopup.jsp?displayMode=1

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

If you don't have a picture ID, you can bring in a check stub and your driver's license to a Corporate AT&T Store. You would sign up for the FAN Discount for Starbucks. :cool:

7. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

No...read my original post. I'm posting this for a friend.

Great! Thanks so much. Do you know what the discount rate is?

8. Surely Guest

Surely

I think it's 15% off. EDIT: I stand corrected.... it's 20%.

Just call AT&T and ask them. Or tell your friend to call his store and ask someone. It probably would have been faster than this. And probably more accurate.

9. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

Perhaps. You'd be surprised how little Starbucks store managers seem to know about their partner benefits! It's surprising. And actually this was pretty quick, we found all we needed to know (or at least a ballpark) in about 30 minutes, and we didn't have to go anywhere.

10. calvy macrumors 65816

The rate of discount is different depending on who you work for and what the negotiated discount is. The only way to really find out is ask your employer or sign up through either the link or a corporate owned retail store with a photo id. They might be able to tell you what it is in store. But really, his boss should be able to find out the details. Tell him to ask up the chain until he gets an answer.

11. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I've worked at Starbucks for 3 years now...All your friend has to do is show them their partner card, as proof that they work at sbux. Thats how you get a discount at the Apple Store. For AT&T you have to bring in a pay stub and fill out a form and then you get 20% off of your bill each month. Yes, its that easy.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ Definitely, the way to go. Your FAN Discount can vary from 15%-25% depending on your company's relationship with AT&T. Prior to the iPhone you could also utilize your FAN Discount towards accessories.....

13. Iron Chef macrumors member

I'm a Starbucks partner. You just bring your most recent pay stub to a corporate AT&T store and they take care of it for you. The discount is 20%. Very simple to do.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My company also has such a discount, all I had to do was go into the ATT store and show my work ID. That's all it took. - 24% decrease in my bill WOOHOO

15. SeanMcC macrumors regular

"Employee ID number (SSN) required for employment verification."

16. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

Does anyone know if, after you sign up for this discount, you quit being an employee of the company, does AT&T stop giving you the discount, or is it one of those things where they check once and then stop checking?

17. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I bet if you go to AT&T and renew your contract they'll check. However, if you keep getting a new iPhone AT the Apple Store and renew your contract in there you'll probably be able to keep it. I just renewed my AT&T contract at a Apple Store because I upgraded to the new 3GS and they never asked me about it.

18. aniseblue macrumors newbie

Thanks to those who replied!

I am a Starbucks partner, my boss had no idea, I am sick of waiting on hold for AT&T when when I really need to be doing is going to the AT&T store...so THANK YOU for those who shared information!

I don't understand people who don't want to help but post replies that are...unhelpful! And who fail to see the benefit that such Q&A's provide to people like me -- people who have the same question later.

Ah, the magic of the Internets. Thanks again, everyone.

-Anise

19. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

For most companies such a thing is in the employee handbook, or available through HR.

You probably need to go to a CORPORATE store, not the little ones.